Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking Of Starting With Logic Games & Reading Comp...Thoughts

170ORBUST9192170ORBUST9192 Alum Member
in General 65 karma

Course progresses as Logical Reasoning --> Logic Games --> Reading Comp.

Thinking of doing Logic Games --> Reading Comp --> Logical Reasoning.

Biggest reason: Taking the December 2017 LSAT, and want to achieve as best gains as possible. Think that I could make the most gains with Logic Games over these two weeks.

Disclaimer: This is but my first take, with the "real" takes (as in...I aim to be done with the materials by then) being June & September (if need be).

Would I be damaging myself by doing this? The gist I get is that the progression is intentional - Logical Reasoning introduces understanding of particular things that are then "built upon" in Logic Games and Reading Comprehension.

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    edited November 2017 3279 karma

You didn't supply your section scores so we can't give you meaningful feedback.

I don't see a problem with jumping straight into LG (assuming your LG scores are weak), but your approach seems a bit contradictory. You're taking the exam in June, so why do you need to see fast gains for this December exam?

• 170ORBUST9192170ORBUST9192 Alum Member
    65 karma

Wanted to see a boost for December for ego purposes.

My question just pertains to whether or not I would be learning the material in an inefficient way by deviating from the course's natural progression.

• LsatChicLsatChic Member
    191 karma

I have found that for me by studying LR first it really helped me understand the logic in the games, especially some of the cleverly worded rules packed with Logic to untangle.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@170ORBUST9192 said:
    Wanted to see a boost for December for ego purposes.

My question just pertains to whether or not I would be learning the material in an inefficient way by deviating from the course's natural progression.

No substantial difference. The parts of LR that you need for LG you can learn as you go.
    I haven't gone through the RC CC, but from what I've heard RC is one of the harder sections to improve on. So I'm not sure that RC is the way to go for a fast gain.

• 170ORBUST9192170ORBUST9192 Alum Member
    65 karma

LSATChic,

Thanks for the response. Yeah...I should just not cut corners and do this the way JY structured it.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@170ORBUST9192 said:
    Course progresses as Logical Reasoning --> Logic Games --> Reading Comp.

Thinking of doing Logic Games --> Reading Comp --> Logical Reasoning.

Biggest reason: Taking the December 2017 LSAT, and want to achieve as best gains as possible. Think that I could make the most gains with Logic Games over these two weeks.

Disclaimer: This is but my first take, with the "real" takes (as in...I aim to be done with the materials by then) being June & September (if need be).

Would I be damaging myself by doing this? The gist I get is that the progression is intentional - Logical Reasoning introduces understanding of particular things that are then "built upon" in Logic Games and Reading Comprehension.

As someone who jumped right to LG (I actually originally ONLY purchased 7Sage for games) I would really suggest going through the CC in order. The course really does build on itself and while I think skipping around won't be that damaging, I do think if you go in order things will be more likely to click the first time JY explains them. There are definitely plenty of lawgic and LR lessons that end up being super useful to know before you do the LG part of the CC. I basically ended up being fine with sequencing games but because many of the rules that underpin grouping games are conditional rules, I ended up having to return to the previous lessons before I could get a hang of them. In my case that turned out to be a good thing because I ended up falling in love with the LR lessons too!

Since you have the time, I'd say just go in order.

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited November 2017 1866 karma

I also strongly, strongly recommend going through the CC in order.
    The stuff you learn in LR will help you score better on LG and RC.
    Specifically, conditional logic taught in the LR section of the CC is crucial for doing well in LG, and effectively tackling main point, inference/must be true, most strongly supported, weaken, and strengthen questions, are all taught in LR, but are critical skills to doing well in RC.
    If you have the time, you'll gain a ton by just going in order.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

What you learn in LR will carry over into understanding the other sections. I think that you should do the course in order.