Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resume question

RGBeetobeRGBeetobe Alum Member

Are we supposed to include every single thing we did during our studies in our resume for law school? Mine will end up being around 4 pages long and that seems wayyy too long. Does anyone know? Thanks!

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Do you have access to the admissions course? Your question is answered here
    https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/presentation/

The gist is that you should have a one page resume unless you're a very accomplished person.

• StellaBlueStellaBlue Alum Member
    185 karma

I added mostly things that seemed "impressive" and then peppered in a couple of things that made me seem fun and cool, like DJing for our radio station during college or running the Outing Club. Ended up sticking to one page for sure. It can definitely be hard to pare down everything you think is important, especially when you worked so hard! My criteria was as follows: What did I spend the most time on that also secretly belies something about me I'd want the admissions board to know?

Hope that helps!

• DatguyM15DatguyM15 Alum Member
    211 karma

I worked for ten years at several different positions/ jobs and was an accomplished student athlete. I got that all down on one page. Anything that is a time waster, like a long resume, will most likely hurt more than help.