Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ticket photo

alizeh182alizeh182 Member
in General 9 karma

So in all the prep madness, I just now got around to printing my ticket. I now see that my photo is a little bit smaller than the requirement and shadows on my face. I took it with my phone. I'm freaking out. what should I do?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

There's not much you can do. However, unless your proctors are total dicks, as long as you are recognizable they should let you in.

On my first LSAT I forgot to rotate my picture and it was sideways and didn't quite fill the box. The people were still able to see that it was me and I was allowed in to take the test.

Try not to let this stress you out too much. You cannot change it now, and you don't want to have this kind of stress over your head before your test! Stay calm, keep yourself mentally prepared and kick some butt!

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

Unless it REEEEAALLLLY doesn't look like you, I think you should be fine. It's up to the proctor's discretion, but most proctors aren't a-holes :smile:

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

On a related note, does the photo have to be color, or can it be printed out from a black and white printer?

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@uhinberg said:
    On a related note, does the photo have to be color, or can it be printed out from a black and white printer?

I'm like 90% sure it can be black and white. As long as they can recognize you there shouldn't be any issue.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    edited November 2017 3279 karma

@uhinberg said:

https://os.lsac.org/Release/LSAT/Register/UploadHelp.aspx

You may print your ticket using either a color or back and white printer. Color is not required. The ticket preview shows you both versions so you can see how it will print on whichever printer you use, and so you can make sure your submitted color photo will look acceptable if printed in black and white

Personally I'd print it in color to be safe. Don't want to risk your proctor making a big deal out of it.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

@alizeh182 The shadows on your photo may also be less harsh if you print in color!

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited November 2017 1777 karma

@uhinberg the picture of my ticket on my LSAC account is B&W and I submitted my photo in color. That being said, I think it will automatically print in B&W. @alizeh182 I wouldn't worry about it too much. Keep the picture on your phone to show them if they happen to give you a hard time about it (which I doubt they will).

• ChapmanECChapmanEC Alum Member
    85 karma

My pic was b&w when I wrote last and I had no problems.

• alizeh182alizeh182 Member
    9 karma

Thank you so much, I will just try and not stress about it, good luck on test day!