Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Berkeley Law personal statement

calcal101calcal101 Alum Member

Hi all,

I'm planning on applying to most of the T14, and I have already drafted a 2 page PS. Berkeley, however, has a 4 page limit. My pre-law advisor (at my undergrad institution) said that I should just submit a 2 pager (because it's apparently quite strong as is and "less is more").

Do you all agree? Should I keep it as short as possible, or should I fill the space? I would love to get @"David.Busis"' opinion, if possible!!

I'm the kind of person who tends to write a lot in general, but I know that's a habit I'll have to work on in law school. I would think concision is a trait law school admissions committees value, no?

Comments

• FerdaFreshFerdaFresh Alum Member
    561 karma

I only want to add that David's personal statement is the shortest I've seen to date. I think you're in good company with that mentality

• anonymous25anonymous25 Free Trial Member
    16 karma

I did something similar (although I think mine was about 2.5 - 3 pages) and recently got in to Berk. I'd say if it's well written and concise, you should be good.

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    582 karma

Thanks for your response, @FerdaFresh ! And congrats, @anonymous25 !

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7285 karma

Definitely don't stretch it! If you've said all you have to say, you're fine.