Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CUNY Law or Pace?

LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member

Does anyone know what the deal is for seating at CUNY Law? I've heard from some they were in smaller rooms with spacious desks while others were in large lecture halls with the tiny pull out desks-- not sure what to expect. Appreciate the input!! :)

Comments

• fudgiethequailfudgiethequail Core Member
    75 karma

I'd like to know this too!

• BillGreenpointBillGreenpoint Alum Member
    318 karma

CUNY is great. Spacious and professional proctors.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

May take at CUNY in Feb/June 18' -- Anyone else have any experience taking there. The reviews I've read certainly seem favorable!

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

I've taken at CUNY Law and I had an amazing experience. Upon entering the building there's a small lobby with a security officer at a desk. At 8:30 test adminiatrators will ask everyone to take out their LSAT ticket and then you'll proceed up the escalator to the second floor. From there folks are given instructions for about 5 minutes and then you're assigned your testing room. I think the first half or third of the alphabet is placed in a larger lecture hall. It's spacious with long desks but with those chairs that are attached to the ground and swivel. They're comfortable chairs though from what I remember from attending a conference there.

The rest of the test takes are in smaller classrooms with about 30 test takers. Each test taker is separated by a chair and it's a long table so there's plenty of room. There's a clock in the room but it's in the back of the classroom.

The 15 minute break is pretty pleasant since there's a restroom nearby and big chairs where you can enjoy your snack and look out the window.

In terms of the test administrators they followed the directions and were quiet during the exam. I think the reviews with the flip table might be from when CUNY Law was located in Fluahing at their old building.

I sat for the LSAT in December 2017.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I've taken at Pace and it was good. They put me in a classroom that had long tables and we had the seat to our left and right empty so lots of space. was also very quiet, so that's a plus.

I know someone who took at CUNY and they were put in a lecture hall with long tables.

• LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member
    218 karma

@TheMikey said:
    I've taken at Pace and it was good. They put me in a classroom that had long tables and we had the seat to our left and right empty so lots of space. was also very quiet, so that's a plus.

I know someone who took at CUNY and they were put in a lecture hall with long tables.

Thanks!! When did you take it there? Would much prefer a classroom!

• LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member
    218 karma

@Gladiator_2017 said:
    I've taken at CUNY Law and I had an amazing experience. Upon entering the building there's a small lobby with a security officer at a desk. At 8:30 test adminiatrators will ask everyone to take out their LSAT ticket and then you'll proceed up the escalator to the second floor. From there folks are given instructions for about 5 minutes and then you're assigned your testing room. I think the first half or third of the alphabet is placed in a larger lecture hall. It's spacious with long desks but with those chairs that are attached to the ground and swivel. They're comfortable chairs though from what I remember from attending a conference there.

The rest of the test takes are in smaller classrooms with about 30 test takers. Each test taker is separated by a chair and it's a long table so there's plenty of room. There's a clock in the room but it's in the back of the classroom.

The 15 minute break is pretty pleasant since there's a restroom nearby and big chairs where you can enjoy your snack and look out the window.

In terms of the test administrators they followed the directions and were quiet during the exam. I think the reviews with the flip table might be from when CUNY Law was located in Fluahing at their old building.

I sat for the LSAT in December 2017.

Thanks for the detailed comment! Seems like a good option, though I'm at the very beginning of the alphabet & would probably get the lecture hall :neutral:

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@LauraC829 said:

@TheMikey said:

Thanks!! When did you take it there? Would much prefer a classroom!

I took it at Pace In June 2016.

it's a classroom but has the long tables like some lecture halls but the room wasn't huge like one.

• BillGreenpointBillGreenpoint Alum Member
    edited December 2017 318 karma

I took the exam in September '17 and December '17 at CUNY. I was in one of the smaller, semi-circular lecture rooms. As a matter of fact, I was in the same room both tests, same proctors, almost the same seat even! :open_mouth: Hope the results are different. :) But, in any case, to add to Gladiator's post, the tables are semi-circular and continuous. There were 50 test takers in the room (that was the max, according to the proctors, and we reached the max, again according to the proctors.) People are seated every other seat in cushioned, sturdy, rolling chairs. I didn't see any clock. It's possible that it was in the back of the room. The head proctor maintained a brisk pace when allowing us time to bubble in our personal information. I appreciated that. It got me in the mind set of bubbling quickly right from the beginning. Plus, CUNY is a brand new building and is half a block from the E, M, G and 7 subway lines.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited December 2017 23929 karma

MY decision just got much harder, haha. It sounds like both are great. I like the fact that CUNY is on the Subway lines and easier for me to get to. Especially since I won't have my phone for GPS/emergency purposes. Though I guess I could leave it in the car... decisions decisions.