Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long to finish everything?

Andrew AlterioAndrew Alterio Alum Member
in General 394 karma

On 7sage. I am retaking for february. can it be completed by the exam? otherwise what do you recommend? thanks!

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@"Drew Alterio" said:
    On 7sage. I am retaking for february. can it be completed by the exam? otherwise what do you recommend? thanks!

I'm sorry, but could you elaborate? Were you enrolled in 7Sage before or are you currently enrolled? I am asking because you have made comments in the past about finishing up the LG section of the CC.

I think you can complete the Core Curriculum within a month if you can study full time. But I don't know if you can raise your score by just completing the CC.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

What course? You could definitely finish the core curriculum from the basic course. However, after that you will likely want to do a good amount of additional prep.

Most people have some degree of trouble with logic games which take a minimum of a month of additional foolproofing after the core curriculum. Many also drill logical reason question types or work on reading comp more.

That obviously starts to be a real stretch to get in by the February test. The other thing is why February? You'll already be too late for many schools optimal admissions windows so probably would want to wait a cycle to maximize scholarship opportunities even if you got a desirable score in February. Why mot use some of that time to study and plan to take the June test?

• Andrew AlterioAndrew Alterio Alum Member
    394 karma

yes the syllabus... how long does the entire syllabus take to complete? 1 month? I had 7sage and switched to blueprint.

9377 karma

@"Drew Alterio" said:
    yes the syllabus... how long does the entire syllabus take to complete? 1 month? I had 7sage and switched to blueprint.

It depends. I think I spent about 4 months because I wasn't studying full-time then. I think you can do everything in the CC within 1 month if you are studying full-time. But I don't know if you can pick up points by just completing the CC......

394 karma

What would you do to supplement it? PT's or another source? I have the bibles... I really wanna get this thing down. Also not sure if I should go starter, ultimate, premium? thanks!

edited December 2017 9377 karma

@"Drew Alterio" said:
    What would you do to supplement it? PT's or another source? I have the bibles... I really wanna get this thing down. Also not sure if I should go starter, ultimate, premium? thanks!

What is your current score and your target score? If LG isn't your strongest section, I recommend fool-proofing the entire LG Bundle, so I'd go with Ultimate+ if I were you.

After completing the CC, you start PTing and BRing.

This webinar shows what you should do after the CC:
    https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/

You should stay away from the PowerScore Bibles because they are different from what 7Sage teaches. The LSAT Trainer might be better.

394 karma

My diagnostics are around 145 and im very weak at games. I just want to make sure I have everything I need. you recommend the lsat trainer too? reading at the same time?

394 karma

I need 154ish for my school of choice.

9377 karma

@"Drew Alterio" said:
    I need 154ish for my school of choice.

That is very doable. If a 154-ish is all you need, I think you shouldn't do The LSAT Trainer. You don't have much time. You should start with Starter and do everything in the Syllabus.

I was very weak in Logic Games, but after following what J.Y. recommends in the CC, LG became my strongest section.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Drew Alterio" said:

How many hours of a day can you dedicate to studying?

If you can dedicate full time, or close to a full time schedule, then yes, you can likely complete the CC by February. However, as others above me have explained, that time doesn't necessarily include all of the drilling you'll want to do along side the CC.

I agree that if you're just aiming for a 154, you should aim to buy and complete the starter package. If LG is your biggest weakness, you also might want to consider getting the Ultimate Plus package so that you'll have access to the LG bundle.