Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Review Method w/o second copy?

booyboobooyboo Alum Member
edited December 2017 in Logical Reasoning 36 karma

Does anyone do the Blind Review Method without getting a second copy of the test? Or is the method more effective with a second copy?

Comments

• seharris14seharris14 Alum Member
    100 karma

Hi there! I never use a second copy of the test, I just extensively go over the same copy I have before I grade it. I like seeing the marks from my previous thought processes under timed conditions and reanalyzing the answer choices I thought were wrong with fresh eyes and unlimited time. Seeing what I picked as correct on the page gives me the chance to both confront and defend those answer choices, as well as the lines of thinking that informed them. I have found this very helpful

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I don't use a fresh copy, because most of the tests I'm doing from LSAT books, not the handy 7sage printable ones. I don't want to erase everything before I review haha.

I've realized though that it actually does help me on LR to cover up the letters on the answer choices so I can't see which choice I circled during the test. It helps me to not be as biased. So I just use a finger or pencil or something to cover the markings when I BR. For LG BR I have a spiral notebook that I used for diagramming, and for that section I do just quickly go through and erase which answer choices I circled. Then I just do a clean diagram in my notebook. Works well enough for me.

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    782 karma

I take the the first time on a printable version, and then review out of the LSAC book version. I usually remember what I chose, but I seem to duplicate mistakes less often on BR when it's a fresh copy.

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

I've got an iPad Pro, an Apple Pencil, and the Notability APP and BR the test that way. The best part is you can export it as a PDF. But it's an expensive method.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I would actually recommend doing it on the same test. It is a little hard to ignore your previous work, but sometimes that's what you need to be able to do on the real test if a question is stumping you too. And they won't give you an extra copy to check your answers on the real test.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited December 2017 23929 karma

I don't normally use a blank copy to BR, either.

BR'ing with a blank copy just seems like re-doing the test untimed. And while I see the value proposition in that, I don't necessarily see it as the most efficient or effective way to get what we need to out of BR. However, there are some really great reasons to use a blank copy to BR, though! For one, you won't have to fight your ego should you decide to change your answer.

I like to see what I chose and then specifically re-evaluate why I chose it and decided to circle the question. Having my original answer in front of me helps me to either reinforce if I thought about it in the right way, or to figure out why I was wrong and make sure that I adjust my thinking/reasoning going forward. I also completely agree with @"Seeking Perfection" 's point about how this may be a skill you need to use on the actual test. That's a great point I never considered!

That's just how I see it and choose to do it. Like most things LSAT, there isn't always one best way.

• L.EtrangerL.Etranger Alum Member
    72 karma

Why not just print a new copy?

My paper gets super messy after some games, and from a visual standpoint there's just no more room for me to write/diagram.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"L.Etranger" said:
    Why not just print a new copy?

My paper gets super messy after some games, and from a visual standpoint there's just no more room for me to write/diagram.

For LG, I actually do re-print the games out! That's definitely an exception worth making.

I don't reprint for LR/RC because I like to see what I did rather than just re-do it. I get to see what I eliminated and what I circled and if I diagrammed or whatnot.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 3072 karma

I don't print fresh copies when BRing LR or RC, either. I like to see my work so that I can know exactly what I was thinking when I chose the answer I did. This practice helps me to work on my test-taking psychology.

• L.EtrangerL.Etranger Alum Member
    72 karma

@"Alex Divine" yes that makes sense!