Pending publications/résumé

olioliberolioliber Alum Member
in General 729 karma

I have two pending publications. I've spent over two years of research to complete them. I would really like to include them on my resume, but don't know if that's appropriate, or how to include them. Please help!

Comments

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    582 karma

Why not just write, "Forthcoming Publications," and list them underneath? I definitely think it's fair to include

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited December 2017 23929 karma

@olioliber said:
    I have two pending publications. I've spent over two years of research to complete them. I would really like to include them on my resume, but don't know if that's appropriate, or how to include them. Please help!

When you say "pending", what stage in the process are these publications at?

Have they been accepted for publication?

I'm no expert, but it is my understanding that how you should go about listing publications on your résumé or CV is somewhat dictated by the field you are attempting to publish in and their corresponding stage in the publication process. There are usually subtle differences in the standards for listing, say, a research paper in mathematics vs. political science. So check out the details that pertain to your publication.

So long as they aren't just in a stage of preparation (i.e., you've completed them), then you can find a way to include them in your résumé.

Good luck!

• Eric25Eric25 Member
    720 karma

Ive been in the same boat before,and this is what i was told: have you submitted the manuscript or still writing it? If you submitted, it should be the publication format(authors, title), then 'manuscript submitted' in italics at the very end. If you're still writing, it should say manuscript in preparation. You absolutley can and should include them!