147 on Dec LSAT - After Bibles and Testmasters - Not good.

DAVIDJ5566DAVIDJ5566 Alum Member
in General 34 karma

Hi Guys,
I found 7sage late in my studies, only after I read the powerscore bibles, and after I had enrolled in the Testmasters course. During my Testmasters course I found myself referring to JY's explanations for the logic games over the method that Testmasters used.

I was scoring in the mid 150's with my diagnostics. Since getting my December score I've decided to take a look at the CC as see if I can help my score.

I am very discouraged, and my confidence is totally shaken.

Comments

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 3072 karma

I scored mid-140s on my diagnostic.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!! Reform and dive back in.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I can relate to this.

My diagnostic score was a 151. I enrolled in the Testmasters course over the summer of 2016 and when I took the September 2016 test I scored a 157.

I don't think that the fast paced classroom setting, like Testmasters, is the best place to learn the LSAT. Learning the LSAT requires tailored advice to each individual, and when there are ten or fifteen people in a room, it is extremely hard to get the attention that you need. Don't feel discouraged by your results, I think you just need a new approach!

@"Jonathan Wang" made a really good point a couple of weeks ago. The LSAT is more like learning to play an instrument than it is studying for a fact based test. It takes repetition in order to build-up the skill and speed required to score high on the test. It also takes targeting specific weaknesses and bad habits that we develop during the study process. A teacher in a large group is likely to miss those bad habits because they are on a timeline and have to keep moving forward. If you don't fix the bad habits right away, they become more and more ingrained and eventually will stop you from improving at all.

Knowing this I would suggest looking for a different way to study. Signing up for 7Sage might be a good start. When you ask questions on the forums here, you will get tailored advice. People will be able to see where you are struggling and they will be able to give suggestions on how to fix it. It will allow you to go at your own pace, and you won't feel lost and confused as easily.

This test is beatable, many people have done it and will continue to do it. You will too, put your head up and look forward my friend! You have got this and we are here to help!!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Welcome to 7sage! I suggest brushing off the discouragement and diving in fresh. A lot of people on this platform discovered 7sage later in the game (myself included) and found a renewed way of studying and have gone on to scoring better than their wildest dreams. Definitely start with the CC - slowly to absorb the fundamentals and gain momentum from there. You can do it! :)

• DAVIDJ5566DAVIDJ5566 Alum Member
    34 karma

Thanks guys, I have signed up and starting the CC.

• Aspiring1LAspiring1L Alum Member
    159 karma

@DAVIDJ5566 you're taking the Feb 2018 LSAT?

34 karma

I thought long about it, and decided not to. June looks like.

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

@DAVIDJ5566 said:
    I thought long about it, and decided not to. June looks like.

Depending on your target score, June also might be difficult to achieve your goals. Depending on your goals, you really don't want to take the LSAT until your PTs are matching your targets. So rather than say I want to take it in June, you might want to say, "I'll take it when I hit my targets." I would also upgrade to the Ultimate + when you get a chance to obtain access to the Question Bank to further help with drilling.

And of course, your best friend needs to be the Blind Review.

34 karma

Yes, that sounds reasonable. Thanks.