Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

duplicated word in optional statement-- email admissions?

smtaylor1217smtaylor1217 Free Trial Member

Hi guys--

I submitted applications for two target schools yesterday and noticed today that I made a very stupid typo in the second paragraph (duplicated word... I wrote 'are are'). I read through my essay more than 5 times before submitting each and didn't notice this! I don't think there are any other issues with the optional statement and my PS is good to go.

Do you think it is worth it to email admissions and ask them to review an updated version or should I just let this one go rather than bringing more attention to it?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Comments

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    582 karma

From what I’ve read, you should let it go as is

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    edited December 2017 4196 karma

nah, i'd say just let it be. you don't want to draw attention to it when they may not even care too much. it is what it is at this point

• TabbyG123TabbyG123 Member
    711 karma

At least you didn't total misspell the name of an organization you worked for in your resume (something I did).

:)

• smtaylor1217smtaylor1217 Free Trial Member
    55 karma

Thanks all! I feel better-- I was mortified when I realized what I did yesterday

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@smtaylor1217 said:
    Hi guys--

I submitted applications for two target schools yesterday and noticed today that I made a very stupid typo in the second paragraph (duplicated word... I wrote 'are are'). I read through my essay more than 5 times before submitting each and didn't notice this! I don't think there are any other issues with the optional statement and my PS is good to go.

Do you think it is worth it to email admissions and ask them to review an updated version or should I just let this one go rather than bringing more attention to it?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Na, you're good! They want to let you in and a silly mistake isn't going to be the deciding factor.