Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scored below the 25th percentile, URM applicant (Maybe?) w/ 75% percentile GPA

k11078652k11078652 Alum Member

So I am applying to Seattle University School of Law as a part of a 3+3 program. I was hoping for a 150 when I took the test but I got a 145. The LSAT score in the 25% percentile is a 151. However, I have about a 3.6 GPA which is a little bit above the 75th percentile. I am familiar with the admissions office folks and I am hoping that I can apply and get accepted. I am also a Indian and Muslim Student, while I know that South Asians are not considered URM typically, I think I might be considered a URM at SU. When I spoke to the Dean of Admissions she told us that for the 3+3 applicants the most important thing was our GPA but she did mention that we should talk to them if we get a 145 in passing which is making me nervous. Does anyone have advice for me? Or is anyone familiar with Seattle University School of Law?

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9382 karma

Does the school accept Feb LSAT scores? If so, I would advice that you take the February LSAT.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited January 2018 23929 karma

Like @akistotle says, I think if you can, a retake makes sense. I think going from a 145 to a 150 in a little over a month is definitely possible!

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Why do you think that school will consider you an URM?

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

It seems like you do have a chance with a 145 but you never know and like the others said if you're able to get a few more points on the Feb exam I say go for it :)

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Hey! Fellow Seattleite I’m guessing? I’m thinking you would have a shot there at least. I’m really confident too that they would take Feb LSAT. Since they have to compete with UW, I think SU admissions are a lot more flexible. If you are local here, I’m open to meeting up if you want a study buddy. I’m probably also taking the Feb test at Seattle U. PM me if you’d like!

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

I would retake and focus on LG. I think you can def gain those 5 points in a month.

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

I'm in the delay camp until the next cycle. It's better to get a higher LSAT score such as a 160 and possibly get a very good scholarship to SU than to pay full sticker. There are countless people that say that they wouldn't pay sticker for Penn or NYU. So if there are some that would not pay sticker for a T10 school, don't pay sticker for SU.

I think there is a flaw in my argument. LSAT FTW!