Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Picture

shaunamaeshaunamae Free Trial Member

Does anyone know if the law schools you apply to can see the picture you loaded up for the LSAT? Mine is fine, but I wore glasses in the picture because I wore them to take the test, but normally I have contacts in so I look quite a bit different in said picture. I really hate taking my picture, but should I take a new one nonetheless and load it up to look more like me? Can the admission teams even see it? I emailed LSAC, but got a reply that it may take seven days to respond. In the grand scheme, I know this is a lame question, but I want everything in my application to be just so. Thanks!

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I'm not 100% sure but I really don't think they can see it, because well, it's used for LSAT day and they get what you submit to them which is your app.

• shaunamaeshaunamae Free Trial Member
    16 karma

Thanks, TheMikey. I thought that was the case, but wondered if they had some ninja skills to get more out of LSAC than what we send haha!

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@shaunamae said:
    Thanks, TheMikey. I thought that was the case, but wondered if they had some ninja skills to get more out of LSAC than what we send haha!

Yeah, like I said I'm not 100% sure but I personally don't think they see our pictures.

@"David.Busis" Your thoughts would be appreciated for closure on this for shaunamae! :)

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

Even if they see it, it wont make a lick of difference. Millions of people switch off between contacts and glasses on a daily basis. I promise a random admissions councilor at a law school fair isn't going to hold up your LSAT ticket and compare faces :smile:

• shaunamaeshaunamae Free Trial Member
    16 karma

Thanks, kimmy_m66. In all honesty, I hate that LSAT picture and it is associated with bad memories (the LSAT!), so I want something that makes me feel more confident if I know people are going to see it. Yet, I don't want to spend the time to get a shot I like if this picture is going to be in the internet void forever when I have so much to write for the application. The dilemma!

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

@shaunamae said:
    Thanks, kimmy_m66. In all honesty, I hate that LSAT picture and it is associated with bad memories (the LSAT!), so I want something that makes me feel more confident if I know people are going to see it. Yet, I don't want to spend the time to get a shot I like if this picture is going to be in the internet void forever when I have so much to write for the application. The dilemma!

I wouldn't spend time/money getting a headshot done, especially if you aren't retaking. That's time that could be spent on the apps! Now that I'm thinking about it tho, if you're not retaking then it doesn't have to adhere to their picture standards haha. You could find a picture of yourself you like and then upload it? Without worrying about the blank background, shoulders, etc