@MichaelWright One of the things I'm struggling on moving is My Rc score I'm getting 18-20 correct on the section and it's not moving. A lot of it is simply not remembering X but I spend 3 minutes and 30 seconds reading and understanding each passage so I just don't know what to do there
@Bev7 I'd target your annotation strategy. This one's hard to advise without going into tons and tons of detail, but the short version is that you should think of every highlighter color -- blue, yellow, green, and pink -- as a "word" in your annotative language. Each of the 4 words should mean something distinct. I use green for viewpoint shifts, pink for core concepts, blue for facts/characteristics about those concepts, and yellow for "memes" (secondary structures like examples, formal logic, time words like "recently", etc.).
For basically any concept in any passage, you should be able to locate it for a close read within 5 seconds. Having a robust annotative language is the best way to accomplish that.
5 comments
Here's a general video I made on the subject -- happy to answer any follow-up questions you might have.
@MichaelWright One of the things I'm struggling on moving is My Rc score I'm getting 18-20 correct on the section and it's not moving. A lot of it is simply not remembering X but I spend 3 minutes and 30 seconds reading and understanding each passage so I just don't know what to do there
@Bev7 I’m in the mountains rn and scared I’m gonna forget to reply to this. Wanna do it justice. If you don’t hear from me by weds ping me again.
@MichaelWright Ping you again
@Bev7 I'd target your annotation strategy. This one's hard to advise without going into tons and tons of detail, but the short version is that you should think of every highlighter color -- blue, yellow, green, and pink -- as a "word" in your annotative language. Each of the 4 words should mean something distinct. I use green for viewpoint shifts, pink for core concepts, blue for facts/characteristics about those concepts, and yellow for "memes" (secondary structures like examples, formal logic, time words like "recently", etc.).
For basically any concept in any passage, you should be able to locate it for a close read within 5 seconds. Having a robust annotative language is the best way to accomplish that.