Hi! Looking for some advice on building endurance for the LSAT, especially for the last section of a PT/test.
I’m taking the September LSAT and lately I’ve been scoring around the mid-160s, but I’ve noticed a pretty consistent pattern where my last section is significantly worse than my earlier sections. For example, on my most recent PT my earlier LR was around -4, but my last LR initially came out to -11 with a -4 on BR.
I’ve noticed the same thing on a couple recent PTs where I feel like my accuracy/decision-making just drops toward the end and primarily in the fourth section.
I work full time, so a lot of my studying is before/after work, and I’m wondering if anyone has dealt with something similar and found a good way to specifically train that 3rd/4th section endurance without just constantly taking full PTs.
Any tips or things that worked for you would be really appreciated :)

7 comments
The same thing was happening to me for a while, especially on tests that had 2 RC sections (they fry the heck out of my brain). What helps me is getting up and walking around during the breaks. For the 1-minute breaks, I can't do much, but I stand up and stretch, do a little jump, and pace around my room a few times. For the 10-min break, I'll do something a little more to get my blood flowing. Here's a video I like:
Also, do some stamina training. During my non-preptest study days, I realized I was taking way too long of breaks between drills and sections. I started setting a timer and taking 10 min (tops) breaks between sections, less for drills, depending on how many questions. The more you train your brain to lock in for longer, the easier it gets.
Chewing gum also helps me stay focused, but that's definitely a person-by-person type of thing.
I highly recommend cutting things in your life that encourage shorter attention span activity.
social media is a huge problem here, get off of that garbage, delete it from your phone and life. Tv can be the same.
I read a lot more now and I’ve seen my fatigue improve but it’s not amazing yet. You need to build it in all aspects of life not just the lsat
I had the same issue. what helped was using my full 10 minute break to eat and stretch. i have a coke or something else sweet and caffeinated usually, or a sandwich with meat.
hi! totally have been there myself, honestly what helped me is taking 2 sections back to back and increasing that to three once you feel more adjusted. For LR specifically, I try to get all the first 15 questions in 15 minutes give or take, so I have about 2 minutes per question going forward which are usually the ones that are the hardest! You got this <3
Fatigue towards the end is real. For me, I have to force myself to highlight conclusion to keep myself engaged with the last section. I usually recognize when I am getting tired, take a few seconds and reorient myself.
Get accommodations for 3 sections 🤣
drink alot of coffee