I’m trying to diagnose some pretty big RC inconsistency. I’ve scored as well as -6 on a full RC section before, but my last two full sections were -11.
On PT150.S4 today, I went 6/6 on Passage 3 in about 8 minutes, but I spent about 11 minutes on Passage 1 and 10 minutes on Passage 2 while still missing several questions, which left me only about 5 minutes for the comparative passage and I had to guess on a lot of it.
In review, I’ve noticed that on some misses I actually understood the passage pretty well but wasn’t scrutinizing the answer choices carefully enough, e.g. things like subtle term shifts, overstrong comparisons, and answer choices that were “mostly right” but had one bad word.
For people who had volatile RC and eventually became more consistent, what helped most: better passage mapping, more disciplined answer-choice evaluation, or getting better at cutting losses on a passage that isn’t clicking?
I’m especially curious how to interpret going 6/6 on one passage inside a -11 section. Does that usually suggest the core comprehension ability is there but execution/timing is inconsistent?
0 comments