I'm currently planning to take the Nov LSAT and was wondering if i still have another opportunity to applying for law school should the Nov score not turn out great. I'm currently averaging a mid to high 150s on my PTs and have a CAS GPA of 3.51 (as well has 6+ years of paralegal experience). While I'm trying to get to the mid 160s by the Nov test, I wanted to know if it's still viable to take the Jan 2027 LSAT if I score very high on it. All the schools I'm considering accept the Jan test (score release 02/03). Thanks!

4

4 comments

  • JacobBaska Admissions Strategy Expert
    Wednesday, Sep 23

    There are a lot of "it depends" in there, but if the conditions are 1) just go to law school, and 2) January LSAT, then you'll have options. Even with the big application increase nationally, more local/regional schools can be a good option for a later app.

    But to throw this out there, a way to mitigate this issue is to get your app materials into good shape now. The November LSAT is about six weeks away. You have time to get a good draft of a personal statement together. You can update and polish your resume. You can get an optional statement or two together or your top schools. Put yourself in a position so that you can apply ASAP if your November score is where you want it. And if it's not, you'll at least have your app materials ready to apply ASAP after taking the January LSAT.

    Good luck!

    2
    Wednesday, Sep 23

    Great point! Thank you!

    1
  • Wednesday, Sep 23

    Hi! From what I have read (Canadian schools), there is a slight disadvantage to the January test for a few reasons.

    1. No early admission.

    2. Not considered for some scholarships.

    3. If the school does a rolling basis for admissions, it’s a disadvantage since they will read your file only when the January score comes out.

    However, that doesn’t mean you can’t get in! I don’t want to discourage you from taking January, so just weigh the costs and benefits!

    1
    JacobBaska Admissions Strategy Expert
    Wednesday, Sep 23

    And some Canadian schools have hard app deadlines of November 1. The January LSAT would be a bit too late for those schools!

    2
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?