I lowkey have like zero stories to write about for my personal statement; I'm literally like that graphic of Tony Snell with 0 points, 0 rebounds, and 0 assists after like 28 minutes. Anyone got any advice for what I could do?

5

8 comments

  • JacobBaska Admissions Strategy Expert
    Friday, Sep 25

    But did you at least pick up a few fouls if you were on the floor for 28 minutes?

    Seriously though, the goal isn't "stories." It's explaining why you want to be a lawyer. So start with the end goal - what's the legal job you're visualizing after law school graduation? If you can define that position, now work backwards to establish where an interest in that job comes from via some combo of your personal/academic/professional background.

    3
    Friday, Sep 25

    Thanks! This for sure gave me a new look on how to approach the personal statement side of things, so I really appreciate it.

    (Picked up six fouls btw)

    3
    JacobBaska Admissions Strategy Expert
    Friday, Sep 25

    #respect

    2
  • Friday, Sep 25

    this is so real but also just try and dig deep, it's what i've been doing. how can your personal experiences youve had in life make you a good lawyer? for me, i studied science in college and my goal is to pursue heath law. i can integrate both fields as a lawyer and use my scientific knowledge to my benefit. go backwards if you can and see how your experiences in life connect to what you want to do

    2
  • Friday, Sep 25

    I think you’re being too hard on yourself, and should just try to think about specific instances instead of accolades

    2
  • Friday, Sep 25

    I don't got advice but I appreciate the Tony Snell reference lmao

    2
  • Saturday, Sep 26

    I think the important thing is to think about why you want to go to law school and what specific type of law you’d be interested in, then work backwards from there to create a narrative arc that makes law school seen like a logical next step.

    For instance, mine talks about an event that made me realize some things about myself, tied in my work experience and a relevant anecdote from that work experience, and then establishes that I want to go to law school to gain these skills and get these jobs

    1
  • Friday, Sep 25

    like, just in this comment section, say why you want to be a lawyer. even if its money. say why and why you think youd be good at it. theres your personal statement.

    1
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?