Hi everyone,
I am taking the October 9 exam, which means I have about two weeks left until I get this test done. As I’m sure with most people, stress and anxiety around the test heightens when getting closer to the LSAT, and I am certainly no exception. My goal score is a 165, yet my recent PT’s aren’t giving me much hope (I’d actually be okay with a 160, my highest pt is a 159 with a 168 BR).
Getting to the point, I have not had a support system for the LSAT. My parents have graciously paid for my entire 7Sage subscription and half of the LSAT fee (which I will one day reimburse them for, but that’s a surprise), but that’s all I have. None of my friends have asked me how I’m doing, and although they do try, my parents don’t really, get, how the LSAT works.
So, my question- in these last two weeks where things are tough and I want to quit and I’m tired and frustrated, what are some recommendations you have to keep me sane while lacking a support system?
Love,
A 20 year old who just wants to go to law school next year
8 comments
Praying for you!
Hey bestieeee,
my parents have also been paying for my 7sage subscription, so i get that we don't want to let them down either (especially with how expensive it is). My parents also believe the lsat is like university work, just memorize and put it on paper lol it's fine. For me, i have been engaging in my hobbies a bit more to keep me grounded such as gaming, singing, listening to music, watching shows and movies on Netflix, go for an occasional drive on the weekend (basically getting fresh air). You could try one of the things i mentioned and see if it's relaxing to you, which i hope they are. Other than that, maybe try picking up a craft or a hobby u have been meaning too and see how it goes! I don't really have much to offer other than that, but surrounding urself with good company (even if it's no company and it's just u) and taking care of yourself as best u can will do wonders for your mental and physical health leading up to the test. I have some anxiety advice from our best girl, Bailey, idk if u have her document/workshop, but she had some pretty solid advice that i tried and it worked for me! Here: https://docs.superhuman.com/d/Study-Plan-Workshop_dFHIcq8F0tO/TEST-DAY-ENCOURAGEMENT_suJ4O6sO#_luAUMU_0. If you want to talk more about it, u know where to reach me :)
Love,
twin <3
Don't have an answer to your question but I'd like to send you some love and support as a fellow Canadian who's also studying for LSAT. Hope you get the score you want and get accepted by your top schools.
OK, I can relate to you about the no support system part and I just want you to know that you are not alone in this fight ! If you have a mental breakdown sometimes, just go find some distractions like video games or just go hit the gym, forget all about the exam! I'm sure you will become refreshed the next day. Tips: maybe talk to a random person about anything will actually help you relieve the stress you're going through!
I am in the exact same situation! Along with my friend haha. I purchased the Loophole textbook after seeing someone say it helped improve her score in two weeks. I am giving it a try to see if it works. I am hoping it can give me a last-minute epiphany. But if worse comes to worse, I might consider trying to push it back. At the end of the day, I want to make sure I am hitting my target score
it sounds like you have a support system, but they don't know anything about the LSAT. which is OK, it's hard. you should try to ground yourself into them as a "normal" space where you don't have to think LSAT all the time. in the meanwhile, find a study group for a community that "gets" it
Good luck, friend!!
You got this!! Can you find an online study group here or elsewhere? I'm also taking the test this October....and will be SO happy when it's over! See you in law school friend! Your parents may be more supportive if you are accepted and/or have a good funding source for school.