Hello all! I am taking the October 7th test and I am little concerned given my PT range. My goal is a 170 but I would happily apply to law school with a 163- 165. My highest PT was a 160 (which I have scored a few times in the last few months) but the range is between 153- 160; my BR range is 165- 175. Given there is only 10 days before my test, is there any hope I will get a score I will be satisfied with on actual test day? Any advice for the 3-5 point boost? I will be taking my final PT tomorrow before by official test date.

I am also debating signing up for the November LSAT test as a precaution because the deadline is fast approaching and I am so unsure of my score.

Background info: I am applying got the Fall 2027 cycle as a mature student. I finished my degree in 2021 and have been in a the workforce for 5 years. I have a 4 years honours bachelor degree but did not go to an accredited university (I am from Canada and went to a college instead). My GPA was 3.4 for the last 2 years and I believe a 163- 165 would make me a competitive candidate considering my work experience.

3

6 comments

  • julielamberth Independent Tutor
    Sunday, Sep 27

    That BR number is meaningless since it's not under test conditions. It's theoretically possible to jump, but most students will go down a couple of points on test day because of anxiety. Is there any hope? Sure. But it would be extremely unlikely.

    4
    Sunday, Sep 27

    honest and fair

    3
    Sunday, Sep 27

    This is good to keep in mind, thank you!

    1
  • Saturday, Sep 26

    Hi there! I’m in a similar position (have been working over 3 years). I’m shooting for a 165 as I have a 160 on file, but my highest score is a 163. I signed up for November as an insurance policy. If you’re financially able, I say go ahead and do it. If I get the score I want, I’m just going to cancel November and eat the cost. Good luck in these last couple weeks!

    3
    Saturday, Sep 26

    Yes, I think I will be signing up for November as well. Better safe than sorry!! All the best with you last few weeks as well 😊

    2
    Saturday, Sep 26

    Thank you! I actually just finished my PT for today (haven't done BR), and scored a 167! So now safe to say the jump is possible 😊

    2
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?