I take the exam next friday and I feel very burnt out, I am struggling with RC, I am doing well with LR, I am not too sure how I should approach the few days i have left wit studying. Any advise will help!

5

7 comments

  • Wednesday, Sep 30

    *+Same here I also take mine next friday. I just started me senior year of college too so really in the trenches right now. I'm gonna take my last PT on Sunday and then just do very minimal drilling throughout the week 5-10 questions a day, just to stay fresh. I had the same issue for RC, it ruined my scores so much. What I started doing is taking the first three sections really seriously with more time devoted to each aiming for 100%, and guess on the last section. I still end up getting a couple right, leaving me with in the -4 -6 range. My goal score is low 160s so this approach works for me, it depends on your goal score what will work for you.

    2
  • Wednesday, Sep 30

    Same here! I thought about moving it.

    2
  • Tuesday, Sep 29

    you need to take a break and rest properly

    2
  • Tuesday, Sep 29

    You are just like meee. I've moved it to Nov though.

    2
  • Tuesday, Sep 29

    Lol I am in the same boat as you twin, LR is good but RC is fighting back. Ive been drilling like crazy and found that occassionaly some sections or PTs will just have RC passages significantly more difficult than others. If you can apply skills such as skimming strategically to RC I would try that, or like building a "skeleton" of the passage, but some passages you cant do that at all. For those I got nothin to help you with.

    2
  • Tuesday, Sep 29

    I am also taking it next Friday, I was feeling incredibly burnt out so I took this last Friday-Sunday off and feel a lot better! RC is also my poor point, it stops me from getting into the 160’s.

    2
  • Tuesday, Sep 29

    Take a break next week. Feeling burnt out on the day of the test isn’t great. So take a 2-3 day break before the test. The day before I would do some light drilling.

    For now I would focus on RC and make sure you are asking yourself why you are getting the wrong answers wrong. Do some LR too though of course. Add in some wrong answer journaling for that too. You got this!!

    2
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?