Looking for a few tutoring sessions to see if someone can help me correct my weaknesses/unlock what I need to bump up my score. I scored a 150 earlier this year, took a break since I was on a few waitlists, started studying again 6 weeks ago and have since taken PTs that were 150 and 151. Best score on a practice LR section was -5, but I average around -10. Best score on practice RC was -7, but I average around -10.
I'm not shooting for the stars here as a nontraditional student with a great resume, professional writing experience, master's degree, etc. I would be happy to get a 155-160 for the schools I'm looking at, but it seems like the constant drilling isn't doing much.
(My accommodations are time & a half.)
Tagged areas of weakness by 7Sage:
LR:
conditional reasoning
link assumption
flaw or descriptive weakening
quantifier
RC:
critique or debate
problem-analysis
I don't have thousands to spend. I work 2 jobs + pet sit. Willing to spend up to $400 in the month of October.
Any takers?
6 comments
Hello, I’m Lia! I scored a 180 on the LSAT and would be happy to help. I’ve been a tutor for college students since 2022, and have through this experience proven my ability to help students achieve success. I charge $60/hour. Message me for more details!
Hey there! Have been tutoring for 8 years and am in budget for you. Shoot me a text at (563) 217 0904.
Hi,
I can definitely help you make a focused push toward the 155-160 range. Your best section results suggest that the ability is already there. The immediate goal would be to turn those better performances into something repeatable by replacing constant general drilling with targeted, technique-based work.
For LR, we would establish a consistent top-down process and then directly address conditional reasoning, link assumptions, flaw/weaken analysis, and quantifier language. The central objective would be to control the "reasoning-to-conclusion- connection and then determine what the correct answer must do before entering the choices. For RC, we would work on building the big picture one sentence at a time, tracking how each paragraph develops it, and then making quick, controlled deep dives for detail questions. That approach applies across critique/debate, problem-analysis, and other passage structures.
Because you are looking for only a few sessions, I would provide the materials and specific drills for you to complete between meetings, allowing our lesson time to focus on correcting your process and reviewing the results. My rate is $80 per hour, and I offer five prepaid hours for $320, which fits within your October budget. I would be happy to begin with a free phone consultation.
Please dm me if you would like to discuss and best of luck either way!
Scott
Hi, if you're still looking I have some availability and 25 years of experience, and could do 2 sessions in October for the budget you're looking at - please feel free to message me if you're interested.
Heya! I offer one-on-one tutoring and a free consultation where we can talk through your current score and goals.
You can book a free consultation using this link: https://calendar.app.google/jP9AKerjCTbprTCB8
More details about my approach are here if you want to check it out: https://www.milehighlsatprep.com/.
Hi! I can definitely help! I’ve been stuck at where you are before. If interested, you can book a free 30 minute Zoom consultation with me at www.sheffermancoaching.com :)