User Avatar
•

Edited 6 days ago

🤪 ECSTATIC

I GOT A 177!! THANK YOU 7SAGE

From a 164 diagnostic, 154 downslide once I started studying, 169 jan lsat... I GOT A 177!!!!!!

I genuinely would not have gotten this score without 7sage and their generous program for those with fee waviers, I'm literally emotional thinking about it. I signed up for 7sage after my third surgery due to a work related injury that wiped out all my savings and ruined my plans of leaving a toxic housing situation. I was buying used prep books from 2017 because it was all I could afford at the time until I found out about 7sage from a coworker.

I'm so thankful to this platform, its resources, style of teaching, classes, community, podcasts and all the passion driving this team to prepare generations of lawyers in getting to their dream schools!!!

If i could give advice to anyone:

  • take weeks off between studying to relax. my score always improved after a week off. make sure you've eaten and slept properly before prep tests

  • understand how negations work i cannot tell you how important this is, it was the biggest thing that made me jump because NAs were kicking my ass.

  • learn where to hunt and where to POE

  • religously apply the tests to question types.

  • read questions and stims slower = saving time on finding answer

  • in RC, you should always be looking back and forth, not answering from memory. even if its for a few seconds

  • READ, READ, READ!! i reccommend magazines like "the baffler" and "the london review" and books on nature writing the most. i've personally found them to train that same brain muscle for RC, and the sept LSAT legit had a passage on something i was very familiar with because of my reading habit so i'm glad for it.

66

10 comments

  • You are such an inspiration woah. And thank you for the advice dude!!!! I hope you celebrate today!

    6
    6 days ago

    Thank you soso much! I'm going out for dinner and a movie today to celebrate :D Good luck with your own application!

    4
  • 6 days ago

    CONGRATS!!!!

    if you don't mind, where can we find more info on hunting vs. POE'ing? would love to learn more

    CONGRATS AGAIN!!!!!!

    3
    Edited 6 days ago

    The 7sage cheat sheet tells you what strategies to take: https://7sage.com/lessons/logical-reasoning/introduction-to-logical-reasoning/logical-reasoning-cheat-sheet

    My own explanation is this:

    • You need to think of what the answer could be like while reading the stim.

    • There's certain questions that you CAN predict an answer for (flaw, argument part, agree/disagree, must be true, fill in the blank, evaluate, SOME sufficient assumptions, parallel, parallel flaw, main conclusion)

    • There's certain questions you can't predict an answer for because there's too many possibilites (weaken, strengthen, necessary assumption, RRE, harder flaw questions etc)

    This way when you read the question, you automatically know whether or not you need to hunt or POE, which saves you time.

    Three VERY IMPORTANT caveats:

    • Do not get attached to the answer you formulated in your head if you're hunting. The worst thing you can do is twist the answer to match the answer in your head, even though it's not saying that. Some trick answers are designed to sound like the right answer you might immediately think of (a lot of flaw questions are like this, which is why they're in both categories. if the stim seems like it has multiple flaws, its better to POE)

    • If you can tell it's going to be hard, even if its in the first category of questions, it's helpful to POE just to be sure.

    • You should be thinking what the answer can be like during the second category of questions too, just to train your mind

    I see your skill ceiling is high so this stuff is really important when you're closing the gap bw BR and timed, because it's basically a time management strategy.

    3
    6 days ago

    thank you!!!!

    2
  • MileHighLSATPrep Independent Tutor
    6 days ago

    Congratualations!

    2
    6 days ago

    Thank you!!

    1
  • 6 days ago

    Congratulations!!!

    2
    6 days ago

    thank you!!!!!!

    2
  • Edited 6 days ago

    CONGRATULATIONS OMGG!! i love your story! i’m just now starting the foundations module and lord… everytime i read a question and answer i just feel stupid. But your story proved to me that this is only temporary♥️

    1
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?