User Avatar
•

Thursday, Oct 1

🫠 Unsure

Odd Jobs Addendum?

Hi Admissions team, would love some advice! I worked a variety of odd jobs throughout college (hostess, brand ambassador, retail ect). A lot of these jobs were short term and oftentimes I was working 2 jobs at a time. I don't want to bog down my resume with the long list, especially since I am a few years out of college now.

Should I write an addendum to reference that I worked multiple jobs throughout college without having them all listed on the resume? Or could it potentially reflect poorly that I held multiple jobs? I listed 3 internships & long term jobs that I held during college on my resume, so the addendum would be referencing jobs not listed.

2

3 comments

  • JacobBaska Admissions Strategy Expert
    4 days ago

    In general, admissions officers want to know if you've been working during college because that helps us understand your time commitments during that period. So as far as if you should list everything, you have a few options. First, I think it's reasonable to list any job you had for at least a semester. Everyone knows that your schedule resets every semester and also that some jobs are seasonal (eg, ski instructor - to use one example). Second, you could just have an entry on your resume for "Part time positions." In your bullet points, you can note that you worked a variety of part time / gig jobs and list a few of them. If neither of those feel right for you, then the third option is the addenda. Given that the purpose of the addenda is literally "is there anything else that would be relevant for us to know," this is a perfectly good use of that section.

    1
    3 days ago

    Thank you so much, this is so helpful!

    1
  • Friday, Oct 2

    As far as I've been told, most law schools want you to list all of your post-high school work experience. Sure, if it was a one-week gig that you aren't keen on revealing, then by all means leave it out. However, the jobs you've listed (hostess, brand ambassador, retail) are by no means irrelevant to a law school resume and would likely reflect positively on your diverse experiences rather than poorly for having held multiple jobs.

    This is the advice I've received from an AO on 7Sage, so don't take this with a grain of salt; they know what they are talking about! In any case, we'll wait for an official response. Good luck on your applications!

    1
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?