Hey everyone! I'm seeking advice after a disastrous PT today and I feel a little bit defeated. I've been studying for around 8 months. I started with a diagnostic of 143 (PT 140) in January, a PT in March and then June, both of which I scored a 151 (PT 127 and PT 128). Today, Oct 1st, I took a PT again, and it's still a 151 (PT 145).
I study for around 1 hour to 2 hours per day, Mon to Fri. I do drills most of the days, and a few sections here and there. I blind review all sections and timed drills as well. It feels like I've plateaued and I'm wondering if this is the limit of my LSAT capabilities. ðŸ˜
If anyone has tips on how I need to tackle future endeavors or if you have had a journey like this please share your wisdom!!! PLEASE! 💀
4 comments
It might be best that you drop doing full practice tests and work more on improving you accuracy. It's more important that you get every question you try correct than continuing to try to answer every question timed.
I also felt I had plateaued until I got really granular about every wrong question. Not error journaling or spreadsheeting or anything like that, but when I get a question wrong, I don't move on until I am convinced I understand the passage, question and correct answer.
Volume of time spent studying is less valuable than quality of understanding. Don't go to the question until you can explain and engage with the passage. And more often than not, be prepared with an answer in mind before you look at any of the options.
I will take this advise. Thank you. I am dropping PTs for now. I've only taken 3 extra PT after the diagnostic, but even then it takes a lot of time to BR and review a lot of questions from low scoring PTs.
What questions are you stuck on the most? For example, if it’s flaw, you don’t understand flaws enough. In this case, you’d want to go back and study the types of flaws, play Flaw Hunter, and watch the 7Sage YouTube video about flaws. Dig deep into what you’re getting wrong the most, and see improvements.
I get stuck on conditionals, and questions with a lot of negative words such as, "not uncommon". (Very basic example, but if the stim and answer choices are full of these it takes me a long time.)
Thank you for the tips! I will look into the tips you wrote. I might also have had not a good PT focus, since now that I'm rethinking what I did wrong during the PT, it felt like I threw out all my knowledge and started zooming reading and answering because of time constraints.