Hello,

Two brief questions on the resume:

-I've often heard that you should list every job you've had since you started college. Is this true?

-In that case, my resume hits one page with just my jobs, and that's with some having one or two bullet points. I made sure the second page wasn't just fluff: it's mainly leadership positions and volunteer work that I think ties into my narrative. Is it okay to have two pages, even though I've only been out of college for a little over two years? I'm just a super involved person, lol

2

2 comments

  • JacobBaska Admissions Strategy Expert
    Yesterday

    "Yup!" to both! In general, you should list all jobs since the beginning of college. It's also alright for your resume to go a little long if that's necessary in order to list everything.

    When admissions officers make a big deal about being efficient with your resume, that's more because we see applicants clearly trying to stretch a "one page resume" into a "2.5 page resume." That's what we're trying to avoid here!

    2
  • 4 days ago

    Many schools are fine with two! Just check each school’s requirements before submitting. UMich’s Dean Z said in her podcast that unless they specify one page, two is probably fine

    1
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?