I've been having some trouble on point of disagreement. What are some of your tips to pin point the disagreement?
1
I've been having some trouble on point of disagreement. What are some of your tips to pin point the disagreement?
2 comments
You need Bailey's method ASAP. She makes a chart and it's insanely helpful. Go watch one of the recorded classes and see, I promise you won't regret it!
Hi! One approach I find really helpful is to turn each answer choice into a yes-or-no question, and then ask yourself what each speaker would say. You’re looking for an answer where one speaker would clearly say “yes” and the other would clearly say “no.” If you’re not sure what either speaker would say, you can usually eliminate that choice. Before you dive into the answer choices, it’s also a good idea to put each person’s main conclusion into your own words. That way, you’ll have a clear sense of where their views differ.