Hey y'all. I don't know if anyone else is in the same boat, but I feel like I may have spent the last few months studying very inefficiently. I started off at a 154 on my first PT, and that I think made me pretty anxious to take another one for a while, so I just did drills and timed sections. Eventually, I got comfortable enough to take full PTs, and got a 171 on my next one, and then consistently 170+ after.
However, I am still a bit concerned. I only have taken 5 PTs, while I have done like 2900 questions in the form of timed drills and sections. I have been told that the gold standard is 10 minimum, and I don't know if my timed sections would compensate for the lack of full marathon timed tests. I take the test this coming Saturday, and part of me wants to cancel and reschedule because I still struggle with timing quite a bit (like only 4-5 mins remaining time with accommodations), and I feel like had I done PTs, it would have helped a lot.
What has been y'all's experiences with sections vs full PTs to practice endurance? What should I do over the next couple days?
1 comments
Hi there! Great job on getting five consistent 170+ scores,that’s really impressive, especially if those tests were new to you and you took them under real test conditions without stopping or checking answers. There’s no strict rule that says you have to do ten full practice tests. Since you’ve already done plenty of timed sections, you’ve built up your pacing skills. Full tests mostly help with endurance, so you’re already in a good spot. And if you’re finishing sections with four or five minutes left, that’s actually a nice buffer to have, not something to worry about.
The main thing I’d double-check is whether any of the questions from those five tests showed up in your earlier practice or drills. If all the questions were new to you, I wouldn’t worry about not having done more full tests. If you’re not sure, you could take one last fresh test early this week, using your exact accommodations and simulating test-day conditions as closely as possible. After that, I’d recommend focusing on light review and getting some rest, instead of trying to cram in more full tests before Saturday. Let me know if you have any other questions or want to talk through your plan!