I have been studying and preparing for the LSAT since April 2026. I feel like I peaked in August where I was getting every single drill question correct and it all started to make sense but then in September, I started regressing. I've found that I can't study for more than 30 minutes at a time now before I get distracted or my brain feels tired. I tried taking another practice test last week and couldn't finish the last section which caused me to score poorly. I sit there and read the same sentence over and over again and still have no idea what the first words were by the time I get to the end. I take the real thing on Friday and I'm worried that I pushed myself for too long. Any tips on how to decrease my mental fatigue and continue to prep in the final days?
6
2 comments
Been studying since june 2025
Hi! It really sounds like what you’re experiencing is just accumulated fatigue, not that you’ve lost what you’ve learned. Since your test is on Friday, I wouldn’t recommend trying to push through with more full practice tests or longer study sessions. Instead, I’d suggest taking at least one full day off and focusing on the basics: get plenty of sleep, eat regular meals, stay hydrated, and try to get in some light movement.
For the next few days, try to keep your studying short and low-pressure. Maybe just do a few familiar questions or one passage at a time, and stop while you still feel fresh. I’d avoid starting any new material, doing long drills, or taking another full test. The day before the exam, focus mostly on resting. Remember, your skills from August are still there! Sometimes the best way to get back to your best is to give your brain a chance to recharge.