I took PT 118 and feel like I crashed and burned towards the end - any advice on how to keep going? I feel like by the end of sections 3 and 4, I was reading the stimuli but wasn't able to make anything of them. I also noticed that I missed the most questions per section in the RC section (section 2), but feel kind of confused because I felt pretty confident in that section. I recovered all but one point on my blind review of the RC section, but I still feel kind of lost. Maybe I'd have a better time understanding if I reviewed these missed questions again tomorrow? I feel so drained after this PT for whatever reason, maybe doing blind review the same day wasn't my best choice (though, I seemed to recover fine).

For those of y'all who have been stuck in this pattern - what did you do to break out of it? On the one hand, I'm glad that I was able to recover well in blind review, on the other, though, I'm disappointed that I couldn't get there/am falling for traps on the PT itself.

1

1 comments

  • Yesterday

    I've had a number of clients who struggled with feeling overconfident, especially in RC, and I've found that it's often due to a misread of the questions or the passage. Take a close look at the questions you missed (consider a wrong answer journal if you're not using one already!) and see if you can identify why you missed each one. If you're noticing a lot of misreading, or a misinterpretation of the author's POV, etc, try drilling RC passages with a specific goal of fixing that pattern/issue. Identifying a pattern in your wrong answers and using targeted drilling to fix it is one of the best ways to increase your accuracy (and your confidence will likely become more accurate, too!).

    As for sections 3 and 4, endurance can be difficult! The LSAT is a long test, and that's intentional on the part of the test makers. One way to improve your focus during the later sections is to try out drills that are longer than a standard section (these are one form of endurance drill). You could also try doing one section one day, then two the a few days later, then three after that, and finally four. Build up your endurance gradually and with measured practice, so that you're not trying to run the LSAT marathon without shorter training! And my last big piece of advice is never blind review the day you take a PT. It will usually drain you, as you noted, and your review won't be as comprehensive/useful because the goal becomes "get it over with." Hopefully that helps!

    2
You've reached the end of the comments.

Confirm action

Are you sure?