I am currently a full time student in college, Junior, who wants to go to law school straight out of college. I plan on taking the Jan 2027 LSAT then possibly taking it again over the summer, depending on my score.
I have a 3.95 GPA but I score mid 150s to 160 on my practice tests and drills. I started studying for the LSAT in June 2026 but now, I can't seem to focus on studying consistently anymore while prioritizing school. Does anyone have any advice to share to help me get out of this funk??
1
2 comments
I'm a full time student as well! I'm a senior this year and I have a similar GPA. Genuinely, take time off the LSAT if you're struggling to balance both. Taking the LSAT anytime in the summer is perfectly fine. You can always spend a few years grinding and working and getting a better LSAT score but your GPA is permanent -- you can't fix it by getting another bachelors or a masters. You have an amazing, competitive GPA! Focus on school. Maybe do some drills or sections when your brain doesn't feel too fried or on days you have off and have some free time, but this is a common feeling and don't burn out. Take it less seriously -- I've found that by just doing it, enjoying studying (I know, crazy) and enjoying learning something new, I've improved.
Good luck!
You can always change an LSAT score, but you can't change your GPA once you graduate. So I'd really advise you to not sacrifice your GPA in an attempt to balance studying for the LSAT - keep prioritizing school.