User Avatar
SB2026
Joined
Jul 2025
Subscription
Live

Admissions profile

LSAT
167
CAS GPA
3.88
1L START YEAR
2027

Applications

Boston College
Intend to apply
Boston University
Intend to apply
Columbia
Intend to apply
CUNY
Intend to apply
Fordham
Intend to apply
Georgetown
Intend to apply
George Washington
Intend to apply
Harvard
Intend to apply
Michigan
Intend to apply
Northwestern
Intend to apply
NYU
Intend to apply
Stanford
Intend to apply
UCONN
Intend to apply
UPenn
Intend to apply
UVA
Intend to apply
Wisconsin
Intend to apply
Yale
Intend to apply

Discussions

User Avatar
SB2026
Sunday, Aug 30

@Chebebe thats what i'm leaning towards as well. Tysm for sharing!!

2
User Avatar
•

Thursday, Aug 27

SB2026

🙃 Confused

Take in September or Wait to Take in October

I'm practice testing within my goal range (low-mid170s). However, for personal reasons I've not been studying to the best of my ability and still have some concerns (sometimes rushing near the end of sections, occasionally having questions that I don't fully understand which I work through via to an the process of elimination.) I maybe would do well enough in September but would feel like I am setting myself up for success more by taking it in October ( I am currently registered for both). HOWEVER, I'm worried that by only taking the October test I would be putting myself in a tough situation timing wise. If I get a score I'm happy with in Oct I would just submit my application materials, but if I get a score I'm unhappy with, that would put me in a sticky situation for applying this cycle. Also this is complicated by the fact that I already took the LSAT last year and got a decent score (167) but not one I am content with. So with this context in mind, some possible options are:

  1. Take the September test, get a score that I'm happy with and apply

  2. Take the September test, get a score that I'm unhappy with and take October (which would put me at 3 takes)

  3. Cancel September and only take October. Get a score that I'm happy with and apply.

  4. Cancel September and only take October. Get a score that I'm unhappy with and have to decide what to do next.

It feels silly to put off taking it until October when I'm testing relatively well, but I think the lack of confidence is making me consider it. Would love some advice (sorry for the length of this post!)

-1

Confirm action

Are you sure?