Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I am moving my test from February to June

WalliumsWalliums Member
in General 373 karma
Back in November I eagerly signed up for the February administration (let's be real, I had wanted to take in December, but life got in the way of studying properly). Plenty of time to get ready, and worst case I would just postpone to June.

Well, the last day to change your test date from February is here, and now the "worst case" that I thought wouldn't come to fruition has. Here's why I'm postponing to June:

I'm not ready.
I've taken three PTs total, including my diagnostic. My last PT was in December, and I scored 11 points higher than my diagnostic. But both my actual score and my BR score are not at my target score. There is still room to move up. And I haven't even touched any of the PTs in the 70s yet.

I just finished the core curriculum last week. I need more than just three weeks of PTing to ensure I'm at my target score. It's just not an adequate amount of time to really understand and fix my weaknesses in LR and RC post-CC.

I haven't really mastered LG yet. I'm getting better and still getting them all correct, but my timing still isn't where it should be.

I'm not really exciting about postponing
I really wanted to be one-and-done in February. I'm out another $90 bucks. But I know it's going to be worth it (plus I'd be out $180 if I had waited until early February to decide I wasn't ready). And yeah, I'm a little nervous about waiting all the way until June. What if I burn out in between now and then, what if I peak months before June and then have a decline? Is taking the test at noon on a Monday going to be worse than taking it on a Saturday morning?

But I figure a lot of us are in this same boat. So I'm making the switch!

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Great post! Thanks for taking us through your thought process for postponing. It feels really bad when you do it, but it's definitely for the better.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    Delaying is a tough call, but definitely the right one here. You've got so much room for improvement still, and you're going to be so much better prepared for the June test. No question.
  • lawschoolstuff16lawschoolstuff16 Alum Member
    328 karma
    Thanks for this!
  • jknaufjknauf Alum Member
    1741 karma
    Great post! Good luck to you
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to have a non-disclosed test. Since you moved to the June test you will be able to see everything from the test and you would have been able to see NOTHING! from the February one. That alone makes it worth it. You can actually learn and get some closure from the silly thing.
    *I may have some unresolved issues related to this topic*
    Yikes!
  • Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma
    I wanted to vomit (violently) when I decided to withdraw from the Dec sit, days before test day. So I know how you feel---any amount of money thrown away is no joke. But you're ahead of the game---you KNOW, and readily admit, that you're not ready, thus would have done disservice to yourself if you pushed forward without being ready. And you've adjusted your mindset accordingly. KUDOS FOR THAT!

From December 2016, I was postponing until June 2017, but now looks like I must further postpone until June 2018. Because, well, life. But I'm OK with that! For precisely the reasons you mention: there is just no way I can PT through the 70s----and BR, and analyze, and re-do necessary CC lessons, drills, etc. etc.---- to be ready for a great score by such a close date.

Having said that, I also have the same concerns about burn-out now 1.5 years away from my target date. (If I can't 'get it' with 80+ PTs in that amount of time---taking 1 week to do 1 PT +BR, analyze, etc., then I have no business becoming an attorney. But on the other hand, I CANNOT, nay---WILL NOT, let the LSAT best me.)

If you peak before June, take the test sooner. (@"Cant Get Right" did an awesome webinar on this very subject last evening. Absolutely brilliant. I can hardly wait to listen to it again.)

And here's the sweet spot of this process: you have all of the Sages, mentors, and the rest of us LSAT learners behind you 100% to help you succeed. There is no shame in knowing the truth. Whatever we need, 7Sage has our backs.

You're already on your way to beating this test by your decision to postpone to give yourself some breathing room. I can hardly wait to read your success story. <3
  • WalliumsWalliums Member
    373 karma
    Thank you all for your kind words! It is not the greatest thing to have to postpone, and the next few months seem a bit daunting, but I know I will be better for it!
    373 karma
    @desire2learn I think I didn't really have an appreciation for this when I originally signed up for February. How would I have known what my weaknesses were on the February test? Would have been horribly frustrating, especially if I had gotten realllllllyyy close to my target score but wanted to know where I got hung up on.
    373 karma
    @ScooterMinion Thank you Scooter! I watched the first webinar (and will pick up the newer ones when they have been recorded) and found it incredibly helpful... it was actually very beneficial for me in being realistic on needing to move forward my test date.

I hope to be reading your success story as well!!
  • helentang02helentang02 Alum Member
    246 karma
    Same boat. I just tell myself over and over again that this process does not need to be rushed. Also, a couple delays will mean nothing once you get into your dream law school or as a lawyer looking back! Thank you for posting this, everyday seems like a battle between being patient and just wanting to get the LSAT out of the way. You're going to kill it!