Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I include "which field of law" I want to pursue in PS?

Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
in General 442 karma
Hi all, again about PS :P
So to be honest, I have not decided to pursue which field yet...I'm interested in a couple, but have not chosen yet. I thought I want to decide after I enter law school, so I am choosing law school which have both of the fields that I am interested in.
So I am not going to talk about why X field in my PS, but when I read some samples, it seems people have legitimate reasons about which law they would like to practice. (and I understand it because it would be one of the reasons they choose the school.)
If I do not indicate one, would my PS look weaker? I may want to honestly say "I have not decided yet" but would it look bad?
Should I just do more research and decide which one before I even apply law school?

Thanks for your insights.

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma
    You don't have to it's not something that's really that necessary. Your PS can be something that doesn't even have to do with law in general!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @TheMikey said:
    You don't have to it's not something that's really that necessary. Your PS can be something that doesn't even have to do with law in general!
    True --if it relates and is part of the narrative, go for it. But don't feel like you have to to.