Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Easy way to see ALL bookmarks (and likes)?

sylwillssylwills Free Trial Member
I love the site, and am 2 seconds away from ordering the Ultimate+ package. I just have two questions:

1) is there an easy way to see ALL bookmarks across the entire site? When I go to the "Course" page, I have and see bookmarks there that do not show up when I click "Bookmarks" on the "Discussion" page. Is there one universal bookmarks page?

2) Is there a way to see everything you've liked? Kind of like the feature on Instagram? Many times I will "Like" JY's or a user's explanation for something buried in the comments (and sometimes can't remember exactly where I found it/them), and it would be VERY useful to see my entire history/collection of likes as I study, as another reference point.

Thanks!

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @swillia52 said:
    1) is there an easy way to see ALL bookmarks across the entire site? When I go to the "Course" page, I have and see bookmarks there that do not show up when I click "Bookmarks" on the "Discussion" page. Is there one universal bookmarks page?
    Not sure what you mean by "Bookmarks", but you can star things in the course:
    https://7sage.com/progress/

There's no universal page, unfortunately.
    @swillia52 said:
    2) Is there a way to see everything you've liked? Kind of like the feature on Instagram? Many times I will "Like" JY's or a user's explanation for something buried in the comments (and sometimes can't remember exactly where I found it/them), and it would be VERY useful to see my entire history/collection of likes as I study, as another reference point.
    No, there's no way to see your likes. Sorry.
  • sylwillssylwills Free Trial Member
    edited January 2017 12 karma
    Thanks, Dillon. For what it's worth, I have a background in tech, and am more than happy to do some User testing with you guys to optimize the site. Overall it's great, but looking at it through the lens of a student and also a website/mobile person, there are some easy ways to tighten the experience. Streamlining Bookmarks (as it's called on the site) is the most apparent.

On another note, what's the 7Sage guarantee on the site's responsiveness? I posted a few comments under some lessons, and they've gone unresponded to except for one. I've noticed many others' posts have not been responded to by 7Sage, either, but rather the community (which is wonderful...but some videos leave everyone confused, and really need Teacher instruction, which everyone is asking for in the comments). 7Sage marketing suggests that students can expect to be responded to in even video comment discussions. Can you let me know what the actual reality is, as opposed to the expectations that have been set? (I suppose a trial is a trial for this exact reason: to see if the promises stand up :)

Second, here is a question I posted elsewhere on the site:

holy wow. i feel like the sky just blew wide open after watching this video. WHAT? how did JY just make it so easy and understandable? i struggle with sequencing--hell, games in general--but this made it seem so simple. the inferences are so obvious. wish i'd discovered you guys before buying all of those PowerScore books (and even a second set that I'm currently awaiting).

(i also had one on the "intro to sequencing video", and it would be hugely helpful if someone was able to look at it. thanks!)
  • SherryS1SherryS1 Member
    477 karma
    @swillia52 I "flag" the questions I got wrong or had difficulty with in the Question Bank. You can then sort by what's flagged. Next to each question is the link to the "explanation". You can also export the questions, narrow your search by question type/level of difficulty, etc.

This won't reflect what you bookmarked/starred across the site but if, like me, you're using that as a proxy for reviewing problem questions, then this workaround is a pretty good one
    i was on the fence about purchasing the program, but after this, i 100% am. do you have any performance stats on those who purchased the Ultimate+ package? i took the December 2015 with very little prep, and got 160 (after scoring low 160s in my PTs). aim is 170+. would the Ultimate+ get me there? any data?
    I'd just buy one of the smaller packages, and see if the explanations are helpful to you. They were for me and so I upgraded a few times over. I don't know the stats on whether larger packages correlate with higher scores though I would anticipate that those who purchase them, review more material and do better as a consequence of that.

It's true that the "instructors" aren't always available but, in my opinion, there are more good explanations with 7-sage than you'll find with any of the other test companies. They offer classes that explain a few questions and shallow written explanations for the rest. Many of them try to "hack" the LSAT. Their focus is on improving the prospects for average scorers - ie the majority of the market. In order to hit a 170+, you need to have a greater comprehension of the test. I think 7sage offers that but it's all about what's right for you.

Ultimately, no test prep company, including 7sage, can make any promises. Given your history, I don't see why a 170 wouldn't be feasible. I hope you find whatever method works best for you :)
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @swillia52 said:
    On another note, what's the 7Sage guarantee on the site's responsiveness?
    J.Y. is pretty busy and can't answer all of the questions below the lessons (considering we get hundreds of comments per day, that'd be very difficult) and I myself am not incredibly LSAT-savvy, so I can't answer much besides general questions about 7Sage/the course.

For LSAT questions, I gather all of the questions and let our Sages and Mentors know. Response time is generally pretty quick (other than weekends as I'm not relaying questions until Monday) but some may be missed. If you have a burning question and don't get a quick reply, try posting it on the discussion forums here. People are generally more responsive as questions are more easily seen here.
    @swillia52 said:
    i was on the fence about purchasing the program, but after this, i 100% am. do you have any performance stats on those who purchased the Ultimate+ package? i took the December 2015 with very little prep, and got 160 (after scoring low 160s in my PTs). aim is 170+. would the Ultimate+ get me there? any data?
    I don't really have those kinds of stats off-hand as not everyone relays what score they received. You can generally find success stories on the forums and reviews page, but we never promise specific improvements because there's far too much that's outside our control. For example, how well you study or how much time you spend studying has a huge impact and that's entirely outside our control.

But we do promise that we have an amazing LSAT course:
    http://7sage.com/lsat-course-reviews/

@SherryS1 covers pretty much everything else rather well. :)
  • sylwillssylwills Free Trial Member
    12 karma
    Perfect. Thank you both! @SherryS1 @"Dillon A. Wright"