Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Start studying

savannah.parrishsavannah.parrish Free Trial Member
in General 8 karma

Hello all! I was hoping I could get assistance with the order in which I should study for the LSAT! I am taking the exam in September but I thought it's better to study earlier since it's my first time taking the exam! I have been studying logic games for 30 minutes a day for a week now. I was wondering if that's a good amount or the right thing to study first. Should I start with logic games then reasoning then comprehension or is there a better order? I am going to try and do an hour a day for the remainder of the time I have before the exam I just want some good tips starting out so I am best prepaired! Thanks so much!

Comments

• The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma

Congrats on beginning the journey! You're in the right place with 7Sage. A lot of smart/caring people on this site. It's a great community.

Have you finished the course already?

Have you taken a diagnostic?

As far as the time you spend, it's not abnormal to study up to 2-4 hours a day. Many top scorers put that type of time into the test.
    25-35 hours a week for months. With breaks here and there.

• Destiney22Destiney22 Alum Member
    4 karma

I started studying in June of 2016, right after graduating college in May. I plan to take the exam in June or September 2017, I haven't decided yet. I figured giving myself a year would be a sufficient amount of time. Good luck !

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27853 karma

@savannah.parrish said:
    I thought it's better to study earlier since it's my first time taking the exam!

You were correct! However, you probably aren't early:) Basically everyone underestimates this test, so congratulations, you have given yourself a reasonable amount of time to be prepared! It took me just under a year and a half, but I could have gone way faster if I hadn't made so many mistakes. So, here are my recommendations in order to do it right from the beginning:

1. Use 7Sage. Books just can't compete with the power of a computer. It's not even a fair comparison. Not only does 7Sage have the capacity to provide superior quantity of material, but it also provides greater quality. That's inherently subjective, but you can check it out for yourself. Try out some LGs from an early PT (pre 35) and then watch the free 7Sage explanations on youtube. That should give you a pretty good idea of JY's teaching style and ability.

2. Whatever curriculum you use, go slow. There is so much information and much of it is dealing with really difficult concepts. Don't move on until you feel like you understand. Moving on before you have a solid grasp of the fundamentals is going to cause you a lot of problems. So just don't do it.

3. Don't take any PTs until you've gone through your entire curriculum! One of the worst mistakes that LSAT students make is burning through all their resources before they're ready to benefit from them.

4. When you are finally ready to take PTs, Blind Review them effectively. It feels great to take lots of PTs and to churn out lots of scores, but we don't benefit from that. Each PT will expose a lot of weaknesses, and that means you've got lots of work to do. Until you've done all that work, don't take another PT. If you haven't eliminated the weaknesses that one PT has revealed, you can't expect to improve on the next one. If you can't expect to improve, you have no business thinking you will benefit from that PT.