Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logical Reasoning Example Question

Raphael RiveraRaphael Rivera Alum Member

In the Powerscore logical reasoning bible (under conditional reasoning) there is a statement saying "No robot can think." They say that the diagram is R ---> /T (if an entity is a robot, then it cannot think). Im just confused as to how being a robot is the sufficient condition, and in general how they got this diagram. Im also getting confused on how they describe these relationships.

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8694 karma

I'm familiar with the exercise in the PS book. The term "No" or "Never" in 7Sage's system are classified as "group 4 negate necessary." I should add that if you are confused about these relationships, look into purchasing a course from 7Sage, it has helped me immensely with learning these foundations. I did the power score quiz you referenced more than 50 times before I decided that an explanation of the foundations was worth the effort.

Basically, the "no" tells us that there will be a negation of the necessary condition. That there better be a negated necessary condition in that relationship.

I never root for the New England Patriots

What that means is that if you seem me rooting, the necessary condition has to be that it is not for the New England Patriots.

consider the following
    No rocks can dream
    If we have a rock then it dream
    If we have something that can dream, it is rock

I hope this helps
    David