Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does tests per week matter?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
in General 107 karma
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma

I actually like the idea more of doing one a week and a retake as another or just doing individual sections (with plenty of them being retakes!). Two isn't bad per se, but it's pushing it, especially if you work or go to school at all.

• Dark Knight VDark Knight V Member
    194 karma

@Thoughtful, are you studying full time? As I prepared for the LSAT (took in December), I was, and found that two practice PTs per week, under timed conditions was optimal. I tried doing three a couple of times and it was too much.

I think the most important factor to consider when doing these is giving yourself enough time to honestly review and learn from each one after you take it. Make sure to Blind Review every PT, and review lessons as needed afterwards before moving on to your next PT.

But try different things and see what works best for you!

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

If you have the time, then maybe 2 per week WITH blind review. But if you don't have the time, do 1 per week and do a very good blind review along with some drilling throughout that week.

• tjphilbricktjphilbrick Alum Member
    174 karma

I'd lean towards doing 1 per week rather than two. I did two for a while and it gets mentally exhausting. One of the most important things I've learned while studying for the LSAT - and this applies to doing individual sections, drills, PT's, etc - is that it is ALWAYS better to do one section and really understand every single inference than to do five sections and sort-of understand all of them.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

Learning is a natural process which is under no obligation to conform to the artificial construction of the week. So what seems like a better reason to take a PT:

1. You feel like you have learned all the lessons from the last PT, eliminated the weaknesses it exposed, and advanced your ability to succeed on the LSAT.

2. It's Tuesday.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@Thoughtful said:
    I am torn between completing a new PT under simulated conditions once a week or twice a week. If I do once a week, I will add an old PT for later in the week.

I think I rather have you do 1 PT every two week if you can comb through that PT and learn all the things you need to learn from it. It's not the number of PT's that will determine your LSAT score but how much you understood the concepts. The good thing is that the concepts are pretty repetitive on each test. So I would make schedule that's more focused on using 7sage analytics to work on your weaknesses and when you feel you are ready to test out your skills that you have worked on mastering only then take the test.

The common thing among high scorers is not the number of PT's they took, or the schedule they had in the way they did their PT's, its in their thorough understanding of LSAT concepts.

So take your time to learn. : )

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

@Sami said:
    The common thing among high scorers is not the number of PT's they took, or the schedule they had in the way they did their PT's, its in their thorough understanding of LSAT concepts.

great point!

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    edited February 2017 1063 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    2. It's Tuesday.

I assume this is a joke..
    The above is very useful.. take another PT when you feel you've learned all the lessons from the last.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    107 karma
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@Thoughtful said:
    LSAT concepts like conditional reasoning, precision reading, causality?

Yes. Basically the argument and logic behind all of these stimulus on these tests.

• Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
    edited February 2017 645 karma

I also think it depends where you are scoring. It takes longer to BR when you're scoring 160 than it does when you're scoring 175.

If you have the time to thoroughly BR two tests, then 2 a week is better IMO. But if you don't have the time, you're better off doing 1 test and really learning from it. The real learning happens during the review phase.