Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experimental Section??

westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
in General 3788 karma

Is it possible for you to take an LSAT that has a real section that you have done as an experimental on a previous take?

Comments

• jknaufjknauf Alum Member
    1741 karma

No, I think the questions are mashed up from previous experimentals.

Perhaps you could have a question that was on a test as an experimental like 5 years ago lol whole sections aren't copied over though.

• draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma

I think it is possible. I had a reading comp experimental years ago and the whole section (assuming my memory hasn't failed) appeared on a real PT.

• BenjaminSFBenjaminSF Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    457 karma

Even if they do not mix up experimental questions as @jknauf has proposed, I would be extremely surprised if the LSAC did not account for what experimentals previous test-takers have seen.

As an entity, they put so much time into ensuring that their tests are blind. Remember that they have a record of every test that you took. I would imagine that they account for any section that has previously been seen by a test-taker and would make sure that you don't see it twice if you sit again. I would imagine that they don't use experimentals in tests for a long period of time, too, so that the odds of a repeat are low to begin with.