Wacky thoughts after LSAT - normal?

katapultz6katapultz6 Alum Member

Hi all,

I took the LSAT for the first time last Saturday. I can't stop thinking about it. Sometimes I'll wake up and think I did fantastic, other times thinking I probably got destroyed. I probably play out the "worst case" and "best case" scenario in my head about 20x per day.

Is this normal? I was prepping at about 168 over the past month and honestly I could have gotten anywhere between high 150 and high 160. (the comparative reading passage was probably the hardest passage I have ever encountered, up there with space passage from PT76). If LSAC was smart (and at the same time cruel!) they'd give us an option to pay to get the results quicker! They'd be making bank.

Any other test takers going crazy like me!?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

Yep, you're normal...well normal in the LSAT world lol.

• draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma

I am feeling the anxiety too but I almost always go for the worst case scenario. It's a bad habit but now that the cancelation window is closed, there's at least an acceptance of knowing you'll see a score and satisfy your curiosity. Sigh, it will be a long next few weeks.

• katapultz6katapultz6 Alum Member
    81 karma

I'm trying to keep my hopes up this score is released ASAP. Last time the test was on Feb 4th it was released on the 24th (2006).

• BenjaminSFBenjaminSF Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    457 karma

@kataput6 said:
    Any other test takers going crazy like me!?

I'm in that boat with you. I was really on the fence about canceling, as I am very aware that I may have botched several LG questions by flipping a rule, but these things happen. For me, I think that it was a good learning experience, and very few schools don't outright take your best score. Unless you're looking at YHS, having one less-than-stellar score is basically moot. (Even they say they take all scores into account, not that they average.) I also get some comfort from knowing that I can always write an addendum to explain why my score is the monster from the 120s lagoon :blush:. If this isn't your 3rd sit, then there's always another opportunity to take the LSAT again soon, too!

I'm trying to keep my hopes up this score is released ASAP. Last time the test was on Feb 4th it was released on the 24th (2006).

Based on data for the last several years, my speculation is that it will probably be closer to the end of the month at the earliest. They used to set the release dates closer to test date around 10 years ago, and they were more likely to be under the 3 week mark. In the last few years, there has only been one test released in under 22 days. I'm just trying to keep my expectations less optimistic so I am not dying around grey day!

The best part is that the test is over, and those wild vacillating feelings will diminish as test date gets farther away. Then we get to deal with that pre-grey-day anxiety.

• Q.E.DQ.E.D Alum Member
    556 karma

Yep, you're normal...well normal in the LSAT world

Lol @"montaha.rizeq"

I wasn't expecting to be affected by it, but I admit the whole LSAT scene is quite an experience - and not one outsiders can really understand.

• katapultz6katapultz6 Alum Member
    81 karma

I do want to extend a big congratulations to LSAC, however, and specifically the author of the comparative passage. You truly succeeded in destroying my RC section. You might as well have written Passage A of the comparative in another language - it sounded like it wasn't English anyways! :open_mouth: