Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Trainer by Mike Kim?

golmaryamgolmaryam Alum Member
edited July 2014 in General 22 karma
I took my first LSAT in June 2014. And with just the help of 7Sage I got to 152 from 138. But my score is still way far from my goal. I will be taking the September test. I extended my account with 7sage but I feel I may need more .I have a very tight budget and I heard good stuff about The Trainer. Any experience with this book? Should I get the book as well?

Comments

• zwoernerzwoerner Alum Member
    13 karma
    The book is very good - get it. It does a very good job of giving a conceptual framework to flaw questions if you are having trouble with that. It also relates flaw questions to all logical reasoning questions that have an argument present. The author contends that basically every logical reasoning question is flawed in some way and that you need to complete various functions in the question stems to interact with the flaw.
    Reading comp section is also very good, has very useful advice on attacking passages always thinking in terms of structure and how each part of the passage relates to the main argument being made.
    Stick with 7sage method for logic games.
  • Llaima01Llaima01 Free Trial Member
    230 karma
    Completely agree with zwoerner. Trainer is great, particularly for LR and RC.
  • Michael WangMichael Wang Free Trial Member
    7 karma
    Agree, stick to 7sage, LG part is so far the best. If you need some supplemental materials for LR and RC, I would recommend Manhattan for LR cuz it has great fundamental explanations for Assumption family questions, and Trainer for RC for the same reason as zwoerner just said.
  • elvisliveselvislives Alum Member
    97 karma
    I also agree w zwoerner. If you have the funds, I'd recommend buying it. Most important, however, remains the PTs.
  • msmith85msmith85 Alum Member
    213 karma
    Trainer is fantastic for LR. I'm in 7sage course right now just for LGs...trainer wasnt too helpful with those. 7sage is unrivaled in that department. BUT trainer got me set for LR, with drilling and PTs my LR sections range from -0 to -3 (I started prep at -8 or -7) all due to the comprehensive nature of the LSAT Trainer.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2014 3658 karma
    I have the book. It's just collecting dust on my desk. It's not that it isn't good, I just don't want to confuse myself by using another resource that is considered more additive than critical for my needs.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2014 3438 karma
    Ditto AI [^-^d]
  • MiliPatel1MiliPatel1 Alum Member
    66 karma
    HELLO FELLOW SAGERS :)

I have a question, I am still going through the 7sage program (at the halfway mark). I thought the way JY explains his LR is the best? No doubt LG is best but LR is really making me feel like I am learning something.

1)Can someone tell me how much their LR has improved with 7sage?

2)At what point after drilling with 7sage should you see an improvement in your score or decide to buy another book. I have the powerscore series (which i basically stopped reading because of 7sage), but don't want to buy another manhattan or trainer book and confuse myself with theories that JY has taught.

3) I don't think your going to see an increase in your score with the first prep test you take right after 7sage, because applying all the techniques take time right?

Any advice to my several questions would be helpful!