Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage and PowerScore

Mikey O.Mikey O. Member

I am currently using 7SAGE as my primary self-study trainer for the LSAT, I am also supplementing 7SAGE with PowerScore's LG, LR, and RC Bibles. Basically, anytime I finish a 7SAGE section, I will then go back and read/complete the section in the PowerScore Bibles. I have found this to be very helpful except for the Conditional Logic section where I understand 7SAGE's program and mechanistic approach far easier than PowerScores. Does anyone think this supplemental study technique is a bad idea in case I mix up learning techniques, has anyone else attempted to use a similar method?

Comments

• Heart Shaped BoxHeart Shaped Box Alum Member
    edited February 2017 2426 karma

I wouldn't go as far as saying having/using supplemental materials is a "bad" idea, cuz it's somewhat subjective in my opinion, largely depending on the individual. I've seen ppl benefit from this approach, but I've also heard many folks get confused/discouraged from it bc they are being taught so many different ways of thinking process simultaneously while their logic foundations are still relatively vulnerable. The LSAT is hard as is, having a simple understanding is the key in my opinion, especially at the beginning. The only outside source I've used is The Trainer by Mike Kim, and honestly speaking, often times I had to return to 7sage CC to find clarification. And that's after going through CC one time already built up a bit of fundamentals. Any publication forms of materials can only go far/deep due to the nature of their format limitations. So my personal recommendation is that there is nothing in trying out different approach, but if you start finding it more confusing than beneficial to your studies, return and stick with 7sage. I've been using this program for over 1 year by now and I'm still learning new things everyday. Good luck!

• Mikey O.Mikey O. Member
    26 karma

@"Heart Shaped Box" said:
    I wouldn't go as far as saying having/using supplemental materials is a "bad" idea, cuz it's somewhat subjective in my opinion, largely depending on the individual. I've seen ppl benefit from this approach, but I've also heard many folks get confused/discouraged from it bc they are being taught so many different ways of thinking process simultaneously while their logic foundations are still relatively vulnerable. The LSAT is hard as it, having a simple understanding is the key in my opinion, especially at the beginning. The only outside source I've used is The Trainer by Mike Kim, and honestly speaking, often times I had to return to 7sage CC to find clarification. And that's after going through CC one time already built up a bit of fundamentals. Any publication forms of materials can only go far/deep due to the nature of their format limitations. So my personal recommendation is that there is nothing in trying out different approach, but if you start finding it more confusing than beneficial to your studies, return and stick with 7sage. I've been using this program for over 1 year by now and I'm still learning new things everyday. Good luck!

Makes total sense, and I am on the same page as you are in regards to this. Anytime PowerScore's supplemental review sessions confuse me with what I learned on 7Sage, I just default back to 7Sage and re-watch those CC lessons. Thank you!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

In my opinion, the PS books were great for just kind of learning the very rudimentary basics. I found 7Sage solely by itself to have helped me the most. Also, the community is just as amazing as the course when it comes to questions. As others have said above, The LSAT Trainer, by MK has served me a good supplement when I wanted a new perspective on something that wasn't clicking. I think the LR Bible is still very useful, but 7Sage is way more in depth and no book can beat the power of a computer and all the videos and knowledge therein.