Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When is a good time to master the logic game inferences?

TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
in Logic Games 1723 karma

I'm still trying to get through the CC currently, and I see the importance of mastering the inferences for the LG's. However, I also want to keep making progress as I'm still up in the air if I will be ready for June. Should I wait till I am done with the CC to start mastering the games, or do it as I go? Thanks!

Comments

• TimLSAT180TimLSAT180 Alum Member
    619 karma

I think most people would say to finish the CC first and then implement the fool-proof method for LG. I think this is the best course to take because without having learned the logic and advanced logic portions of the CC, it's really difficult to even attempt some of the more difficult games. So, speaking from my experience, I didn't go through the whole CC and started fool-proofing and I realized at some point during the fool-proofing that my foundation in conditional logic wasn't up to the point where it should be. So, right now I've put a pause on my fool-proof session and only focusing on going through the CC nice and slowly. Really, we shouldn't try to take shortcuts. It'll only backfire once we start taking PTs. Hope this helps!

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

@TimLSAT180 Yes that helps a lot! You make a great point. I figured that was the way to go about it. Thanks for your imput!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

@TimLSAT180 said:
    I think most people would say to finish the CC first and then implement the fool-proof method for LG. I think this is the best course to take because without having learned the logic and advanced logic portions of the CC, it's really difficult to even attempt some of the more difficult games. So, speaking from my experience, I didn't go through the whole CC and started fool-proofing and I realized at some point during the fool-proofing that my foundation in conditional logic wasn't up to the point where it should be. So, right now I've put a pause on my fool-proof session and only focusing on going through the CC nice and slowly. Really, we shouldn't try to take shortcuts. It'll only backfire once we start taking PTs. Hope this helps!

Second. If you PT before extensive fool proofing, you already know a major weakness your PT is going to expose. And if you know a major weakness without needing a PT to inform you of it, you shouldn't be taking a PT. So don't get too bogged down on LG, but maybe incorporate a couple games a day to stay fresh while you finish the CC. Then hit it hard!

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

@"Cant Get Right" Thanks! I can't wait to finish the CC and get working on the mastering portion of all of this. At the same time, I didn't want to miss an important step if I needed to do it while going through the CC. I appreciate the help!