Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Test Center Review] Montclair State University, Upper Montclair, NJ

Overall: 9/10

Proctors: Amazing! Literally not one thing I could complain about. The proctors were very nice and relaxed before the test and completely quiet during. They all knew what they were talking about and did everything very efficiently. Proper time warnings were given for every section and we even ended up getting 30 seconds or so between sections, didn't feel rushed at all.

Facilities: Really nice campus! Clean bathrooms right near the testing rooms and a decent amount of space to walk around/chill during the break. The one complaint I have about the testing center overall was that it was a bit difficult to find the building (University Hall). Montclair State University is kind of split into a lower and upper campus, with the main entrance/GPS address bringing you to the lower half, but the testing building in the upper. You can access the upper campus from the top level of the parking garage, but there weren't any signs (that I could see), so if I hadn't found this info on the University website I probably would've been lost for awhile.

What kind of room: Large, 100-seat lecture halls, all right next to each other. If you google "Montclair State University Hall Room 1070" you can see a 360 degree panoramic view of what the rooms look like, which I LOVED because it made me feel so much more comfortable going into it (without going all the way there to see it myself). The chairs were comfortable and adjustable, the lighting was good, and the temperature wasn't too hot or too cold, but there was no clock in the room.

How many in the room: I want to say 30-ish people were in my testing room, but other test-takers who had been there before said that the Feb exam had a very low turnout compared to other administrations. However, we were assigned to every other chair, and the rows didn't feel cramped at all, so I don't think it would've mattered much if there were more people there.

Desks: THE BEST! Long tables with plenty of room to spread out and no risk of spilling into your neighbor's space because they left a chair open between each test-taker. I get super distracted by any movement in my peripheral vision, but i had no such issues here. There were random little microphones mounted on the desk in some places, but the few people seated near them were able to scoot their chairs over so they weren't in the way.

Left-handed accommodation: Not applicable. Yay for long table-desks!

Noise levels: Perfectly quiet throughout the entire exam. I was actually surprised to see that one of the testing rooms next-door got out slightly before us for the break because we couldn't hear ANYTHING inside.

Parking: The big parking garage on campus is called the Red Hawk Parking deck, and I believe it cost $8.00 for the day. LSAT testers could go to some office and get a special parking discount, but I'm not sure how much because I just wanted to escape ASAP haha.

Time elapsed from arrival to test: They began check-in at 8:25ish and we started the test a little before 9:00. One of the proctors I was chatting with said that a 9:00am start is typical.

Irregularities or mishaps: None! The only difficulty I had was finding the building, but it was no problem once I looked up a campus map on their website (which I honestly should've done beforehand anyways).

Other comments: My testing experience went as smoothly as I think it could possibly go. I highly recommend taking it here!

Would you take the test here again? Definitely!

Date[s] of Exam[s]: February 4th, 2016