Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test Rules

7SageThanks7SageThanks Free Trial Member
in General 166 karma

I had a few questions about the rules of actually taking the test in person I was hoping someone could clear up for me.

1. It's my understanding that you are only allowed to work on the section they tell you to work on and you can't open to any other section whether you've completed it or it's an upcoming one. Is that correct? Meaning, if taking section 2 of the test and the clock is going, you can't look back to section 1 and you can't look forward to 3/4/5.

2. Second, are the test booklets closed during the break? Am I leave it open to the last page of the last section just completed or do all booklets need to be closed?

3. Finally, are the scantrons of the actual test the same ones 7sage has for PT's? Meaning are all 5 sections on the same sheet?

Here's what prompted these questions: I was taking a PT today and I had trouble with the last question of section 1. During sections 2 and 3 my mind would wonder back to that question and think about it some more. I then realized why one answer was correct and why the answer I chose was wrong. I thought, damn, I missed that question. But then I realized I could just erase the answer and change it to what I know is the correct answer while I'm taking section 3. I never turned the page of the test booklet back to section 1. The whole reconsidering was done in my head alone. I figured if it's all on the same scantron and I'm not technically working on a different section in the booklet can't I just erase the answer on the section 1 part of the scantron?

If someone could answer these that would be helpful thanks!

Comments

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

If you get caught working in another section, even in the scantron you risk getting flagged (on your final results that schools will see), not receiving score and a cancelation for test room violations (again seen by all schools you apply to) and in extreame cased you could be removed from the testing room.

The rules are clear you can not mark, erase or do anything else in a section (including the scantron) once the proctor calls pencils down for the section. It is another section, as the sections are labeled at the top of each column.

Just work to be done with a section with a few min to spare.