Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upgrade or not

skdygks03skdygks03 Alum Member
in General 34 karma

Hello guys.

I am following Starter program, but kind of feeling that I need harder problem sets.
I geared my study towards June LSAT, but recently rethought the plan, and I am still considering whether I should switch it to Sep. LSAT.

In that situation, I am considering upgrading the curriculum into higher ones that include more difficult problem sets. But my concern is whether solving many difficult problems before going to PT would be actually helpful. I think that just studying without knowing weaknesses (which are usually exposed by timed PTs) is not that efficient. Also, since for 3 months I self-studied LSAT through LSAT Trainer and feel familiar with each question type (also by help of CC) I am not sure whether I should practice each question type mode deeply by doing a lot of problem sets. (I usually get 17/18 in a LR section.)

My plan for now is to first complete CC at the Starter level, go into PTs as soon as possible and then purchasing new problem sets so that I could practice where I am weak, which will turn out by PTs.

I just want to hear what you guys think who are experienced more than me at 7sage.

Thank you.

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Hey there! The Problem Sets are meant to help you with drilling sections after you've covered them in the Core Curriculum. It will never have you go into drills blind, so don't worry about that. Upgrading is subjective in your situation since you already seem like you have a good foundation, but it definitely doesn't hurt. You'll also get additional PTs & explanations with your upgrades!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Hey there! The Problem Sets are meant to help you with drilling sections after you've covered them in the Core Curriculum. It will never have you go into drills blind, so don't worry about that. Upgrading is subjective in your situation since you already seem like you have a good foundation, but it definitely doesn't hurt. You'll also get additional PTs & explanations with your upgrades!

Yes, this is a MAJOR reason to upgrade. Having every PT and the explanations is a literal game changer. The Question bank which includes thousands of questions with solutions is always an amazing feature you get when you upgrade. And of course, the extra problem sets. And there's a lot. I think the starter gave me like 4-5 N.A problem sets and now with Ult+ I have over 20! It's very nice to have all that material from PTs 1-35 to work on while I go through the CC. Also, its great to drill once you begin PT'ing and finding your weaknesses.

Good luck with whatever you decide though! You can always upgrade anytime !