Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UCLA jumps to 15... will it be more difficult to get in?

J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member

I know this question shouldn't and won't affect my studying habits (except for maybe lighting a fire under my ass), but I noticed that UCLA, my goal school, jumped to #15 in the most recent US News rankings. Is this going to make them more selective? I'm doing my best to make a 170 the next time I take the test, but I felt a little comfort knowing that if I have a bad day, UCLA's average LSAT score is a 167...

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma

I really don't know, but I would imagine your chances are about the same if their medians are the same. In the end, being more selective only means much of anything (at least, when considering the applicant pool as a whole) if the medians are up. Otherwise, I'm not so sure much would change. But I could be way off.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I don't think it will be much harder to get in from the recent jump to 15. I agree with Daniel's take for sure. It isn't like it was ranked 35 and then suddenly jumped. If that was the case, I would be more inclined to answer with a resounding "yes!" Otherwise, I think your chances will be about the same.

either way, good luck! :)

• extramediumextramedium Alum Member
    419 karma

@"J. Tharp" said:
    I know this question shouldn't and won't affect my studying habits (except for maybe lighting a fire under my ass), but I noticed that UCLA, my goal school, jumped to #15 in the most recent US News rankings. Is this going to make them more selective? I'm doing my best to make a 170 the next time I take the test, but I felt a little comfort knowing that if I have a bad day, UCLA's average LSAT score is a 167...

I'd imagine the number of applications will be roughly the same regardless, so probably not.

• J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
    575 karma

Great, thanks guys! @danielznelson @"Alex Divine" @extramedium I'm excited for this semester to end so I can spend more time with this community/devote all my time to studying :)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"J. Tharp" said:
    Great, thanks guys! @danielznelson @"Alex Divine" @extramedium I'm excited for this semester to end so I can spend more time with this community/devote all my time to studying :)

That's what I like to hear! Another month and a half and you shall be done! :)