Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Student

Harrison_PavHarrison_Pav Alum Member
in General 218 karma

Howdy 7 Sagers

So I signed up for this curriculum about a month ago, and am a little under half way through the core curriculum. Thus far when I take take the problem sets I feel fairly good about them, but some days still feel discouraged. Does this test ever get simpler? Also if anyone is still in their Undergrad, or took this test while in their undergrad, and has tips I would greatly appreciate that. I'm taking the September LSAT and would like to score 165+. Thanks friends!

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited April 2017 10789 karma

@"Harrison Pavlasek" said:
    Howdy 7 Sagers

Howdy and Welcome! : )

. Does this test ever get simpler?

Depends what you mean by "simpler". lol As you get better the things which seemed to be hard before feel so easy and second nature. I think at each turn the test presents its own unique hardships. In my opinion its tougher to break into high 170s than into high 160's. But I guess once you have mastered LSAT it does get "simpler".

Also if anyone is still in their Undergrad, or took this test while in their undergrad, and has tips I would greatly appreciate that. I'm taking the September LSAT and would like to score 165+.

So I had plans to study for LSAT during undergrad and I did a bit but with 21 units I wasn't able to commit to it fully. The only advice I can give you is don't get hung up on giving the test at a certain date. We all learn differently and sometimes with LSAT, more often than not, it takes a bit longer to get to our goal score. So instead of a test date commit to a score, if circumstances do allow you to do so, and give the test only when you are ready.

Good luck! and Happy Studying : )

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Harrison Pavlasek" said:
    Howdy 7 Sagers

So I signed up for this curriculum about a month ago, and am a little under half way through the core curriculum. Thus far when I take take the problem sets I feel fairly good about them, but some days still feel discouraged. Does this test ever get simpler? Also if anyone is still in their Undergrad, or took this test while in their undergrad, and has tips I would greatly appreciate that. I'm taking the September LSAT and would like to score 165+. Thanks friends!

Welcome!

Yup --totally normal to feel that way. The test does feel simpler or less challenging once you master the fundamentals. It's always going to feel hard, even for the best takers, but how hard it feels and how challenging some of the things are get way less with time and lots of drilling and review!

I waited until after UG to take the LSAT -- so no great advice there. Perhaps just set your goal (165) and don't take it until you are ready. It can be hard to manage school, class, and prep. So if it takes a year of prepping an hour a day, so be it. Better that and get a 165 then half-ass it and not reach your awesome goal!

Good luck and welcome again! :)

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

Welcome aboard!!

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

Welcome to the neighborhood!

As someone who attempted to study for the LSAT during my final year of undergrad, I completely agree with what @Sami and @"Alex Divine" said. Don't put extra pressure on yourself to make a certain date. I made that mistake and was no where ready when the test date approached and therefore had to push it back till after graduation.

This isn't an ordinary test as you have found out. You want to be fully ready and comfortable when you take this exam; a lot is riding on it. My biggest piece of advice is to be brutally honest with yourself if you do prep during UG; its ok to realize you are not ready or you can't put the necessary effort in while balancing school. There is nothing wrong with pushing the test back. But if you can pull it off and achieve your goals, than that's fantastic!

Good luck with your journey! See you on the boards!