Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How you review one timed RC section?

In general, I got 2 wrong for each passage. In total, 8-10 wrong. I need some suggestions on how review the RC passage efficiently.

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@dennisgerrard did you BR? During BR you should write out why each answer choice is wrong and why your answer choice is correct for each question that you circled. If you didn't circle the question the process is the same. You can also write out line numbers to confirm your answer choices. You should also note the structure during your review. Use whatever notation system is effective for you to point out the author's point of view, the author's tone (if applicable), any critics claims and counterviews for both the author and critics, examples and why they were used or what they're referring to, support for/against the author or critic claims (studies, reports, etc.), write how each paragraph relates to the one before and/or after it, write a short summary of a few words for the MP for each paragraph, etc. Most importantly keep asking yourself why the author wrote xxx and how it relates to the next sentence. There's probably a lot more that I'm missing. This is just what I was able to ramble off the top of my head. Pick up The LSAT Trainer if you haven't already. RC is the most difficult section for me and also the hardest to BR. I think I was having trouble "defining" what reading for structure meant. If that is an issue for you the Trainer will definitely help. I also like their strategies for tackling the different question types. Hopefully this helped. I'm sure others will be along shortly to provide more info. Good luck!

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited April 2017 10774 karma

@dennisgerrard said:

In general, I got 2 wrong for each passage. In total, 8-10 wrong. I need some suggestions on how review the RC passage efficiently.

@dennisgerrard I think @tanes256 gave some great advice. Personally, what really helped to figure out after after BRing my RC was watching my own recording of the test and trying to figure out what actually lead me to pick the wrong answer under time despite my capacity untimed to pick the right answer. So if your BR score for RC is already high, I would highly suggest recording yourself and try to see what lead to you picking the wrong answer.