Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test Center Assignment (at a hotel)

rachelzane03rachelzane03 Member
edited April 2017 in General 58 karma

When I tried signing up for the June LSAT a few days ago (late, I know), I was placed on a waiting list for a test center in the Los Angeles area since there were no spots available. I received an email from LSAC yesterday stating I've been assigned to a center that's at a hotel (Irvine Marriott). Should I be nervous about not taking the test at a University? I'm not sure whether this test center has been used before in the past. I tried looking up the test center number and any reviews from people who may have taken the LSAT there but didn't find anything. Thoughts?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Hmmm... I don't think it's a cause for too much worry and have definitely heard of things like this over the years. My advice would maybe be to find out where in the hotel it will take place and go scope it out. At least it will help put your mind at ease and ensure it's not a bunch of chairs in a room near a breakfast buffet or something. :)

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

An alternative would be to find a test center that's within driving distance and stay the night before in a hotel. I've heard of people driving from NY to PA for example, and just sleeping overnight in a hotel right next to the center where they will be testing at.

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

I am also assigned to a Marriot. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm going to visit before hand so I know what to expect but honestly it might be nice.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@RafaelBernard said:
    I am also assigned to a Marriot. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm going to visit before hand so I know what to expect but honestly it might be nice.

Yeah, I'm thinking if anything it might very well be nicer than most test centers at universities...

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

If I had an extra $165, I would be ecstatic after checking room rates, reviews & confirming on site dining at the Irvine Marriott. No travel concerns other than an elevator ride.
    One of the fears that many people have that their test site will put them in rooms with fold-up single desks, I would not think too huge of an assumption that the hotel will not have those desks:) The primary concern I would have is that there are not any other events/meetings anywhere near the test area that would cause disruptive/distracting noises.
    that's my $.02:)

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@RafaelBernard said:

Yeah, I'm thinking if anything it might very well be nicer than most test centers at universities...

Yeah lol. At first I was disappointed but then I looked at pictures online and just thought about what hotels are usually like and figured it might be quite comfy.

Unless....

@twssmith said:
    The primary concern I would have is that there are not any other events/meetings anywhere >near the test area that would cause disruptive/distracting noises.
    that's my $.02:)

... the hotel is having some sort of event. Luckily it's a Monday. We'll see.

• stargirlstargirl Alum Member
    74 karma

How was the Irvine Marriott test center in the end? I read this post on Reddit about a horrible experience some test-takers had in June 2017 so hoping things have changed

• salonpapassalonpapas Member
    138 karma

@stargirl said:
    How was the Irvine Marriott test center in the end? I read this post on Reddit about a horrible experience some test-takers had in June 2017 so hoping things have changed

Shit! Are you serious?! I was stuck with Irvine Marriot when signing up for the November test!

• stargirlstargirl Alum Member
    74 karma

But it could also be a one off situation. That's why I'm hoping to hear some recent Irvine Marriott test-takers experiences