Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Target time for logic games.

KillmongerKillmonger Alum Member
edited May 2017 in Logic Games 332 karma

I love the fact that J.Y. adds the target time in all the logic game explanations. It just hit me that i don't practice my logic game full proof method with a scantron. I normally just use scantrons during my PT and BR or when I'm doing random timed sections from old LSAT's.

Do those target times for LG include bubbling in the scantron or without the scantron? If the target time includes bubbling in, i will begin using a scantron when doing the full proof method.

(Full proof method is so wonderful because I've done it for like 15 or so games and now when I do games I've never seen before the inferences are so clear, the rules are easier to understand along with the questions. Having a better idea of when and when not to split the game is incredible. Along with knowing when rules do and don't kick. I just couldn't have asked for a better prep.)

Comments

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    edited May 2017 3112 karma

Hi there!

I think whatever the target time is for each game, you should be at least one minute under it. Bubbling included. The reason for this is because you will get faster when you push yourself to make inferences more efficiently. The LG portion of the test is incredibly formulaic, so as you get stronger at making those key inferences, you will move much much faster.

Hope this helps!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited May 2017 23929 karma

@"marvin.dike" said:
    I love the fact that J.Y. adds the target time in all the logic game explanations. It just hit me that i don't practice my logic game full proof method with a scantron. I normally just use scantrons during my PT and BR or when I'm doing random timed sections from old LSAT's.

Do those target times for LG include bubbling in the scantron or without the scantron? If the target time includes bubbling in, i will begin using a scantron when doing the full proof method.

(Full proof method is so wonderful because I've done it for like 15 or so games and now when I do games I've never seen before the inferences are so clear, the rules are easier to understand along with the questions. Having a better idea of when and when not to split the game is incredible. Along with knowing when rules do and don't kick. I just couldn't have asked for a better prep.)

7Sage's fool proof method is pretty sweet. Glad to hear it is working for you!

When fool proofing I don't include the time to bubble in the answers. I just make it my goal to be under the time JY recommends. FWIW, I timed how long it takes me to fill in the scantron for each section. For LG it takes me a little under 2:00 minutes or ~30 seconds a game. LR takes me a big longer (closer to 3:00minutes/section) because the answers are scattered on more pages whereas the LG answers are consolidated to 5-7 per page usually. So I wouldn't sweat it too much when fool proofing. Just focus on getting good at doing the games and beating JY's time.

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@"marvin.dike" said:

I wouldn't say you HAVE to start the scantron right now when drilling. Maybe wait until you start PTing. But as long as you are getting under the time he recommends (1 min under is ideal), you will be golden.